Viking Star meets storm on the North Atlantic

Azulann

I have been following a writer who is on board the Viking Star first trans atlantic sailing.

Here is the link to his post today.

http://www.fromthedeckchair.com

Saiing through a big storm, with gale force winds and high seas. Captain has requested all passenger to stay in their cabins in the evening.

Next stop Iceland.

Thanks for sharing. Learned about the telescope by the bridge that I didn't know was there! And of course never used. Rats! Hope everyone onboard continues to do well. Brave souls to be willing to do a North Atlantic crossing in the Fall when the likelihood of stormy seas is pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What glorious photos in that blog! Thanks for telling us about it. I hope the seas settle for them. We were on the Star in January in the Med and had a few rough nights and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Best wishes for smooth sailing the rest of the way!

What a day and night in the North Atlantic storm and safe passage.

I know the ship is now in Iceland.

The lines written by Mr. Sanders in his blog speaks volumes about this new cruise line and its passengers.

"That’s the difference between Viking and other cruise lines: it truly is the cruise line for the rest of us. Those for which the journey, not the cruise, is the real adventure.

I’m grateful to be here. I’m grateful for the adventures of last night, and appreciative for the soothing atmosphere here onboard Viking Star. Most of all, I’m grateful that there’s a cruise line out there like Viking that has the courage to stand tall in the face of what’s popular, what’s easy, and say: we’ll do things differently.

That’s the spirit of a true Viking."

I have to wait almost two years till my journey aboard the Viking Sky, but reading the live blogs, posts of those who take time to write is a great pleasure.

I have to wait almost two years till my journey aboard the Viking Sky, but reading the live blogs, posts of those who take time to write is a great pleasure.

Azulann, I don't think you'll be disappointed. We took our first cruise ever on the Star in late July. It was wonderful. We are looking forward to our next cruise, again on the Star, as it repositions in late February from San Juan to Barcelona.

We are booked on the same repositioning cruise itinerary, but in April 2018 on the Viking Sky!:cool:

You will be on a maiden voyage of the Star, returning to Europe from San Juan.

I will be excited to hear what you think of the intinerary and ports of call.

Thank you very much for posting the link. I have searched high and low for some blogs for our Homelands tour to no avail. Even thought this isn't the Homelands tour I still enjoyed reading it. His pictures are outstanding.

I haven't had a chance to get started but I haven't forgotten about you either. We had a great time but I don't know how detailed you want the information to be. I don't want to bore a lot of people with things that have been covered but I don't know if you read that coverage or not. Let me hear from you. I know I could not possibly cover everything in a review in detail but these postings bits and pieces can be covered at times. It might be better to set a group through email and those that are interested could sign up. I might start a new email account.

I haven't had a chance to get started but I haven't forgotten about you either. We had a great time but I don't know how detailed you want the information to be. I don't want to bore a lot of people with things that have been covered but I don't know if you read that coverage or not. Let me hear from you. I know I could not possibly cover everything in a review in detail but these postings bits and pieces can be covered at times. It might be better to set a group through email and those that are interested could sign up. I might start a new email account.

Thank you. I am extremely interested in anything you have to offer, the more the better. I have actually thought about you and your cruise. I just bumped into another CC member (I believe the name was celiac cruiser or close to it) today that has been looking for a blog on the Homelands. Quite honestly. If you are willing to share here I bet so many like us that have been searching would love to read your detailed thoughts. If by email, I would set up another account somewhere as well. I wish they had private messages on CC so we could just share email addresses.

Thank you for not forgetting and welcome home.

I love the blog "from the deck chair"for Day 10 for this transatlantic.

I am not mechanical but it is interesting read about what the latest technology used for this cruise ship.

I love the picture of the library.

Are those books available to check out and read?

I alwasy read about the area I am cruising and of course will have read some of books from the bibliography for my journey in April 2018 from West Indies to Barcelona.

There are books scattered all over Viking Star. You just pick up what you want and read it while on the ship. The first night I had a book on the nightstand by my bed and when they made up the room, there appeared a lovely Viking bookmark on the book!

There are books scattered all over Viking Star. You just pick up what you want and read it while on the ship. The first night I had a book on the nightstand by my bed and when they made up the room, there appeared a lovely Viking bookmark on the book!

Thanks for the answer. Look forward to reading some of their books during my 6 sea days on my Transatlantic.

Very nice touch with the book mark!