Tours plaza - anyone used them?

Megs867

Me and my grandmother will be arriving on Empress. We are trying to find a fun SAFE way to see the island, enjoy a beach etc. wondering if this company would be the way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Used them many times for parties of 2 to parties of 6, with ages from 3-90!

Booking is very efficient and easy to find your driver at the port. You will sit down with your driver before you set off, look at a map, and discuss what you want to see. They can make suggestions, or you can have your own route already decided.

Go to their website for further ideas or look for the long running thread on this forum, "hiring a driver for the day".

Used them many times for parties of 2 to parties of 6, with ages from 3-90!

Booking is very efficient and easy to find your driver at the port. You will sit down with your driver before you set off, look at a map, and discuss what you want to see. They can make suggestions, or you can have your own route already decided.

Go to their website for further ideas or look for the long running thread on this forum, "hiring a driver for the day".

Thank you. I looked at trip advisor and their website and it looks great. Just when theres only two of us I get a little leery. Everything I have read sounds awesome.

Any particular places that are must sees?

Any particular places that are must sees?

Coz is an island, so most of the excursions/activities revolve around the water and beaches. there are some small Mayan ruins on Coz - IMHO not worth the time, but it is your call. Touring the far side of the island is interesting, with beautiful views and some fun bars. What are you interested in?

I love the beach, beautiful views, little bit of local history, my grandma is interested in the ruins. We love good food. We are not drinkers but really enjoy almost anything.

Edited by Megs867

You can go through the tours plaza or just hire a driver for 2-3 hours; 30 or so minutes at the ruins should be plenty (bring bug spray), a drive to the other side of the island, and have them drop you at Paradise Beach for a few hours of sand and sun.

Taxi from Paradise Beach club back to your ship should run about $17+tip for up to 4 passengers in the cab - pair up with another couple and save $$ for one more margarita! :cool:

I love the beach, beautiful views, little bit of local history, my grandma is interested in the ruins. We love good food. We are not drinkers but really enjoy almost anything.

Just used Tours Plaza a few weeks ago, could not have asked for a better experience. Just ask for Aldo, he was the best at showing us the island, from stops at a chocolate factory where we actually made our own chocolate to take home, a tequila factory tasting stop, lunch at a beautiful restaurant on the beach and stops and info on the amazing island. We had been to Cozumel twice before but never like this! Tours Plaza charges the same for two people as for four but you will get your money's worth and be safe and enjoy a great day!

Carol

Just used Tours Plaza a few weeks ago, could not have asked for a better experience. Just ask for Aldo, he was the best at showing us the island, from stops at a chocolate factory where we actually made our own chocolate to take home, a tequila factory tasting stop, lunch at a beautiful restaurant on the beach and stops and info on the amazing island. We had been to Cozumel twice before but never like this! Tours Plaza charges the same for two people as for four but you will get your money's worth and be safe and enjoy a great day!

Carol

Thank you so much. Did the chocolate tour take long? Do you remember the price?

Thank you so much. Did the chocolate tour take long? Do you remember the price?

We booked a private tour for three hours, the chocolate stop was included with the whole tour of the island and tequila factory. They will customize a tour to your specifics, they are very accomadating, if there is something you want to see or do they will try to do it! They charge by the number of people in a group and how long you want to be gone. There was only 2 of us(other 2 changed to snorkel) so we paid for 4 ( min. in car ). Go to their website (Tours Plaza.com) and look at private tours or send email they answer quickly. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Had a great time!

Aldo ended up unavailable so we had Victor. He was awesome. Took us to local shopping, to san Gervasio, down the east coast, lunch at playa bonita (Soooo good!!)

Sorry you missed Aldo:( but glad you had a great time!!:)

• 3 weeks later...

So we are booked for 3 hours with toursplaza. One of the things we want to do is the chocolate factory tour. From what some of ya'll are saying, sounds like it is included in private tour...but on the chocolate factory's website, a tour is $20 per person. So...do we need to book a tour time separately with the chocolate place or just let our driver handle it?

So we are booked for 3 hours with toursplaza. One of the things we want to do is the chocolate factory tour. From what some of ya'll are saying' date=' sounds like it is included in private tour...but on the chocolate factory's website, a tour is $20 per person. So...do we need to book a tour time separately with the chocolate place or just let our driver handle it?[/quote']

The driver will take you wherever you want to go but generally lunches, beverages, activities and admissions are not included in tour price. I would check with Eduardo to see what is included now.

If you want to go, I would let him know in advance because depending on what else you want to see and do he sometimes arranges a special time for a tour to fit in with your schedule. (Unless you want to arrange the chocolate factory independently and have it as your starting or finishing point that way you are not taking time out of your 3 hours. In that case you could arrange to start (or finish) your tour there and arrange for separate taxi to the factory but you would definitely have to pay the tour price.)

Edited by c-leg5

So we are booked for 3 hours with toursplaza. One of the things we want to do is the chocolate factory tour. From what some of ya'll are saying' date=' sounds like it is included in private tour...but on the chocolate factory's website, a tour is $20 per person. So...do we need to book a tour time separately with the chocolate place or just let our driver handle it?[/quote']

We just told them what we wanted to do they made all the arrangements...there is actually two different tours...one is just the factory and history of chocolate the other we got to make our own chocolate disks to take home! :)

We just told them what we wanted to do they made all the arrangements...there is actually two different tours...one is just the factory and history of chocolate the other we got to make our own chocolate disks to take home! :)

Was the tour included in the price, or did you pay extra to the hourly rental?

We just returned from a cruise to Cozumel and had a tour with Aldo at Tours Plaza (11/12/16). Our tour lasted almost 7 hours and it was the best tour I have ever taken. Aldo was the best!!! I can't say that enough. We went to the Tequila factory, the chocolate factory (25.00 fee and we got to make our own chocolate), several monuments, a fabulous lunch (a place Aldo recommended), snorkeling, and shopping. We learned so much and enjoyed every moment of this tour. I would book this again in a heart beat.