NCL Epic - Port Canaveral to MCO - 12:20pm Flight Okay?

pirokp

Hi,

My husband and I will be arriving at Port Canaveral at the end of our transatlantic cruise on the Epic. We will need to go through customs upon arrival. Can anyone tell me if we would be able to make a 12:20pm flight out of the Orlando Airport?

Would the quickest way to get there be booking the cruise line transfer to the airport? It is $35 a person to do that. Or would Uber/Lyft or a taxi be better and if so does anyone know the cost?

Thank you!

The airport is about 45-60 min away from the port so a taxi will cost you $$$$$$.

I would not wait for the cruiseline shuttle to fill up.....I would pre-book a shuttle with Cortrans, Executive VIP Limo, Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Travelynx.

I hope you have a great cruise!!

Best bet for early flights out of MCO is Executive VIP limo.

They are based 2 blocks from the port.

We self disembarked from the Freedom at 7:30 am

And in the town car and to the Orlando airport by 8:20 am.

We had a 10:25 am flight out.

This driver called us at 7:05 am to let us know he was outside waiting.

Excellent service

problem is Ex VIP is small ... but if you get on the list early you should be fine

there are plenty of others that can do the same thing ....

the whole EPIC thing is an unknown tho ..... new ship to the area .... only so many ICE people in the port to handle unloading ......

locals just cancelled a MAJOR many year running art festival scheduled for the port area because of concerns of inability to handle the load ....

do you feel lucky? Well, do ya?

Yes capt by executive VIP is not a big company like Mears. They are a family owned business who have been in the transportation business in the cape Canaveral area since the 60 's, a very long time.

We have used them several times and they have always been there in the early morning to get us to the airport for our early flight out.. Just passing on information that has worked well for us.

like I said

but if you get on the list early you should be fine

issue is there are new LARGER ships beginning to operate out of Canaveral in November ... so how well this works is an unknown ... as I mentioned even the port authority is concerned .....

Thanks everyone! We went ahead and booked the 12:20 flight, as well as a late afternoon flight, should we miss the 12:20. Both were on Southwest Airlines, so when we cancel one we will have the credit to use for a future flight (no fees or penalties). We travel SWA all the time, so this seemed like an easy solution. We will book Executive VIP. Thanks again for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums