Royal Caribbean monitoring Cruise Critic

JohnFLL

Just off the Allure this morning, from The President's Cruise (which was AWESOME). Michael Bayley stated that they definitely monitor Cruise Critic. He said they love us, they hate us, but in all seriousness that the boards here are constantly monitored.

Rachel

We just got off the Freedom 9/11 sailing. While onboard, I commented that we had a room steward that had just started on the ship. We were in the Royal Family Suite. He wasn't even giving us the basics that we asked for, like ice, emptying fridge, a light blanket, replacement shampoo. I "complained" on here and at 9:30 that night, he came in with a bucket of ice, shampoo bottles & a blanket. So.....either somebody at RCCL is watching or a passenger passed it along.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a current very active thread going on now over at the Celebrity boards. Celebrity's official posters light was on all day yesterday meaning he/she was " just" on CC, but by the content of the thread, it was being monitored.

I have not been on Celebrity's boards today to know if the thread has been closed or removed. It was about Celebrity's new ad playing only after the debates on ABC and CNN.

The ad in my opinion was anti Trump about breaking down walls and traveling the world. Most disagree, but since it is only being shown after the debates on pro Hillary channels, many think it is very biased.

It is a brilliant move in my opinion which ever side of the wall you are on.

Royal is Celebrity's parent co.

Edited by Ocean Dancer
edited to add the thread is still active

Having said that, I am wondering if RCCL posts on these boards. Have they taken a hands off approach to posting? Has anyone seen an RCCL respond in these forums?

They have one official account they post from, but I've had a couple of crew members mention that Corporate sees what goes on here. The last, back in 2014 Elvis Pinto who was Activities Director on Jewel told us, corporate lets him know when his name gets mentioned. I was sure to post in my review what a good job he did with our Meet and Mingle. Now, I believe he has, or is about to take over as Cruise Director on Empress. He should make a good cruise director. I can see us doing one of those cruise in the future.

Edited by BillOh

I have been told by more than one crew member if someone posts a review and names names, management knows about it and will even put a print out in the crew member's file.

I've heard similar things, but not specifically about a crew member's file. I hope so, I remember I forgot to fill out my WOW card for Anna from Spain who worked at the Next Cruise Desk on Freedom in 2015. We had a visit from the upgrade fairy which was nice, but it caused us all kinds of annoyances, she took care of them.

And if they read these board, it's probably for a good laugh. Not for any research purpose. But, I'm sure you guys will discredit this post anyway.

Oh well.... but, believe what makes you feel good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Given, the pure speculation flying in the face of other evidence and the condescending done, , its hard not to discredit this post.

Royal Caribbean not online monitors cruise critic, but in the past has paid people to post favorably about it. It was all over the news years ago and I am almost positive it still happens!

Was it about 5 years ago an official group of "Royal Champions" was created here and it was so badly received it went away quick? My memory is really fuzzy with that one.

Can't compete with your background. However, FB, LinkedIn, instagram etc. have millions of active profiled members. So that data pool would be more reliable as the group is a larger representation of the markets for which the data needs to be collected for.

But, i respect your expertise. Can I use your background to help me in my football pool? I'm in45th place out of 48 participants.

I really need some data to help me[emoji857]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't we all. Hope you move up this week!