Need cabin help on Oasis

LeCricket

Hi! I've been looking at the deck plans for the ship and am a little confused. Could really use some advice.

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, two teenagers) looking for two rooms. Ideally, I'd like an ocean view balcony room for my husband and I (superior is fine), right across the hall from a room with an inside view or balcony. Just something cheap for the kids but with a window or balcony overlooking something.

What level or specific rooms do you suggest? What end of the ship?

Thanks!

Hi! I've been looking at the deck plans for the ship and am a little confused. Could really use some advice.

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, two teenagers) looking for two rooms. Ideally, I'd like an ocean view balcony room for my husband and I (superior is fine), right across the hall from a room with an inside view or balcony. Just something cheap for the kids but with a window or balcony overlooking something.

What level or specific rooms do you suggest? What end of the ship?

Thanks!

You have a few choices,

you can get an Oceanview balcony across the hall from insides, promenade view rooms, Central Park view rooms, Central Park view balconies and Boardwalk view balconies.

I would get the kids an inside cabin (only assuming that those are the cheapest). If you want them to have a view pick one of the other choices. They may enjoy the promenade view room or the Boardwalk balcony.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

You have a few choices,

you can get an Oceanview balcony across the hall from insides, promenade view rooms, Central Park view rooms, Central Park view balconies and Boardwalk view balconies.

I would get the kids an inside cabin (only assuming that those are the cheapest). If you want them to have a view pick one of the other choices. They may enjoy the promenade view room or the Boardwalk balcony.

Thanks. That's what I needed. I DO want to get them some kind of view because they play hard during the day and like to hang out in the room right after dinner (good for us!). Last cruise we were on the FOS, and they really enjoyed people watching (spying) down in the Promenade in our Promenade adjoining rooms. They were quite disappointed that no one caught them, though, LOL. Made their game less fun. It gives them something harmless to do. :) I know I like having a window of some kind. Makes the room feel bigger.

We have had a promenade view on Freedom class and found that nicer than a regular inside cabin. That would be less expensive than a central park or boardwalk view. It will be on a lower deck and more in the middle of the ship. Not a bad location if there is a lot of rocking of the ship... not usually a problem. This would be a nice compromise. They would have at least some view. The Promenade has the parade and other fun stuff going on to watch.

If you did want to spend more, the boardwalk view would also be good people watching... and depending upon location you do have a bit of a sea view. I have noticed that as cabins get closer to the end the prices seem to go up... better view of the aqua show and ocean.

Unique with Oasis class:

Almost every class of Balcony room is 182 Sq ft (Ocean view, Boardwalk, Central park/Neighborhood). The picture shown on the website for the "superior ocean view" has been misleading - picture shows a larger room.

There is no difference in the OV balcony room sizes (D1 thru D8). A premium is charged for rooms on the higher decks = D1.

Balcony rooms come in 2 layouts: 1) bed near the balcony, 2) bed near the closet.

Capture1.JPG.e6a6eb15ca5df9cd678b4a2012404574.JPG

We are sailing on Oasis next April (spring Break!) and have booked an Ocean Balcony for my husband and I and a Central Park Balcony right across the hall for our teens. We are on Deck 10. A boardwalk balcony might be more fun for people watching but the reason I booked the Central Park Balcony was so that my husband and I could use their balcony as well in the evenings to enjoy a glass of wine and listen to the music in Central park while the teens are off doing their thing! Also the Central Park Balcony was a little cheaper than the Boardwalk balcony at the time I booked.