Liberty Excursion- Can't Decide

doublej

DH and I will be sailing on Oct. 23, 2016. One of the ports is Roatan. I'm considering the "Las Palmas Beach Express" excursion offered by the ship. Can anyone please share any information about this excursion? Likes/dislikes? I'm looking for a nice beach to soak up some sun, take a quick dip in the ocean, and relax with a nice beverage for a few hours. We've been to Bananarama and would like to try a different location. We're certainly not opposed to booking excursions outside of the ship. I am also posting the question on the port board in hopes of gaining additional information. Thanks all.

We really enjoyed Maya Key. It is a 5 minute boat ride from the port & you can see the ship from the island. The excursion through the cruise line includes lunch. They also have animals & a Mayan ruins replica. There is a pool & bar where you can purchase drinks. You can also rent equipment to snorkel right off the end of their pier. The beach area is quiet & peaceful and has lots of shade. The other great thing is that once you are there they have shuttle boats that leave back for the port every 30 minutes. So you can make your time there last as long as you would like.

I would absolutely do this excursion the next time I'm there!

Been to Las Palmas on our own a couple of years ago. It is an OK beach and the local shopping area is pleasant. Restrooms are OK. Some palms and a few palapas. It is only about 15 min. from the port, whereas the great beaches on West Bay are 20-30 minutes cab away. That your transportation is included is a big plus.