35th Birthday Cruise to Bermuda on Carnival Pride.

seannyice81

Ok all caught up! Sounds relaxing so far. I didn't know you guys were docked at Bermuda overnight and for so long, that's awesome lots of time to see the island!

I'm dying with the spa treatment name [emoji23]

I want to see the shoes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by anewmac

Hey, Everyone

Just returned from Carnival Pride's last Bermuda sailing of 2016 last Sunday. Overall, I had a great time. I really like the ship and Bermuda was awesome.

This review may be delivered in chunks as I have to get ready to sail Vista in the coming weeks. I have no set idea when I will provide updates so bear with me. :cool:

Highlights:

-First time on a Spirit Class ship and first time out of Baltimore

-4K cabin

-Birthday swag

-Tropical Storm Karl

-Familiar faces

-The always changing weather of Bermuda

-Decks showing age

-Dolphins

Here are some photos to carry you over in the meantime. Click on the hyperlinks for now :).

Phoning home?

Splash!

Slides at night

I, too, took the Pride to Bermuda back when they did summer sailings weekly. I swore that I would do this annually till I died, but they haven't gone there during peak season since. Unfortunately I think that's 14 years ago. So we take other lines to get there.

Place is a jewel. And although I had been on the Legend previous to that cruise, it took to sail on the Pride to find all the nooks and crannies.

We were docked for three days, with an aft facing cabin facing south, so we had the best hotel room on the water, with the lighthouse doing it's thing way off on the distance.

Ah, to be on Horseshoe this very moment.

Edited by Je Souhaite

Hi ! Sean

I am enjoying reading your blog and the pictures are great. It is so nice to relive our cruise on the Pride. Keep up the good work. Take care.

Evie

Nice meeting you Evie, and thank you!

Sean,i love your pictures. Out of curiosity, what kind of camera did you use on thise trip?

Thank you!

The main camera I used is my Nikon D90

I also used my iPhone 6 and Ion Airpro.

Ok all caught up! Sounds relaxing so far. I didn't know you guys were docked at Bermuda overnight and for so long, that's awesome lots of time to see the island!

I'm dying with the spa treatment name [emoji23]

I want to see the shoes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had 2 nights in Bermuda! Storms off the coast on the first one too, which was cool!

I only have a couple pictures of shoes, lol. I will have 5 pairs with my on Vista though (what is wrong with me?)!

I, too, took the Pride to Bermuda back when they did summer sailings weekly. I swore that I would do this annually till I died, but they haven't gone there during peak season since. Unfortunately I think that's 14 years ago. So we take other lines to get there.

Place is a jewel. And although I had been on the Legend previous to that cruise, it took to sail on the Pride to find all the nooks and crannies.

We were docked for three days, with an aft facing cabin facing south, so we had the best hotel room on the water, with the lighthouse doing it's thing way off on the distance.

Ah, to be on Horseshoe this very moment.

I wouldn't mind being on the pink sand right about now either! The port cam shows the weather beautiful and sunny!

Another great review :)

There was also wind again, and as I walked closer to the ship, the stress was too much for my crappy umbrella. I shouted a few choice obscenities, balled up the stupid plastic and metal garbage excuse for a mobile shelter and threw it in a trash can before running the rest of the way in my sandals to the ship

omg, lol, I can so picture it. :D

Blessings to you and yours....fabulous always to hear of the journeys and that all the dear travelogue people here are persevering...even I have a few people to help me feel not too old so may I help....graduated undergrad in 81 at 21..you are doing good. But i also remember my best friend at the times daughter's wedding at 35 (me) and she was probably my age now (friend) and all wedding contemporaries from NW law schools (20's) making me feel ancient.....YUP..35 is a transition...but you're a baby...soon to turn a very young 57 here....lol.

Sorry not correcting syntax and all and I am bad...

Reading now in between no fun jobs...and looking out to a dark rainy day...thanks...it's great. Bermuda on bucket list for me for sure.

Edited by sjn911

Thanks for doing a review! I love Pride, and Bermuda is pretty awesome. I'll be tuned in to your review, they are always great!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for reading!

I'm enjoying your report! We set sail tomorrow on Sunshine to Bermuda and it's reassuring to know that your itinerary was adjusted accordingly for the storm.

I hope that you still enjoyed your time on Bermuda despite it being cut short!

• 2 weeks later...

Using the time you are on another cruise to catch up! :)

Sorry that the parasailing had to be canked, Im sure that would have been some beautiful views. But cool to see the island itself.

As for your new shoe fetish.. you've been hanging out with Kim too long LOL. It's not a bad thing though.

Cant wait for more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...