Breeze Vs Freedom

k_y30

Hi! So, me and my girlfriend are planning a cruise for april of next year, we initially liked the breeze but did not realize that there was an adult only deck available (its not readily advertised like it is for the freedom).

Anyway, both ships have the same itinerary, just a week apart (Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Jamaica).

So, as I said we initially decided on the freedom for the serenity deck and asked off work for that week but now that I found out about the adult only deck on the breeze, we are torn.

It seems the general consensus is that most people like the breeze but people also have some very good things to say about the freedom as well. If we chose the breeze we would do a cove balcony and if we did the freedom we would do a regular balcony on the empress deck.

Our major concerns are privacy and being able to get away from kids, one thing that I read about the freedom is there arent many kids on board usually, but, I was also thinking that since its the middle of april, there may not be many kids on the boat anyway.

Something else I heard mentioned is "bigger boat, bigger crowds, bigger lines". I was on the triumph in january and there seemed to be big crowds on that boat too, even though I believe its a smaller ship, and I couldnt imagine the crowds being much worse than that.

So, have any of you been on both boats? Can you give me some pro's and con's of each? Is it worth changing our vacation up and waiting even longer to schedule it (we've been planning this for a month and finally was going to book it tonight but the GF was too tired to look at which cabin we wanted then I found out theres a serenity deck on the breeze.lol)

Also, is the BBQ place really THAT good?

And is the water slide area as fun as it looks? I LOVED the water slide on the triumph, I must have slid down that thing 100 times in the middle of january weather and cackled like a crazy person every time!

Edit- also, the carnival freedom is actually rated higher on cruisecritic.com than the breeze

Edited by k_y30

Have been on both ships. Found more "quiet" places to sit on Breeze than Freedom. Also, if you like water slides, Breeze is the way to go, as it has more- Freedom has only twister slide. Breeze also has a ropes course, if that interests you. If you want less crowds, don't cruise during the week of April 10-18, 2017, as the Northeast schools have their Spring Break then, and you WILL have a lot of families/kids on board!

I've done the Freedom once, 2nd time will be next Month. I'd go with the Breeze though. I like the Freedom but I like what I hear/read about the Breeze regarding entertainment and age of the ship.

For what it's worth, kids around my area are all off the first full week of April (3rd-7th). I would think 4,5,6 day cruises would have more spring break kids than 7+ days.

Edited by cmukid87

I have been on both ships more than once. The Freedom is nice but the Breeze is great. Freedom was my favorite ship until the Breeze arrived. If you don't want to cruise with a lot of children Go Jan , Feb, early march or Sept ,Oct Nov. When most children are in school.. It works for me..