Hotel near NYC port?

4THELOVEOFBOO

LAst time in NYC we stayed at the Holiday Inn on 57th. Clean room, easy to the port, and easier from Penn Station. We are heading out again on Jan 8 and it seems like there is something happening in Manhattan as I found the rates to be pretty high, relative to a year ago. We finally landed on Tryp by Windham at Times Square. Family room for $260. Reviews look good. Enjoy your trip!

I was booked into Holiday Inn 57th Street, but read some reviews on Trip Adviser that put me off. We are now booked into the Kimpton Ink 48, which is walking distance from Pier 88 - less than a block. The only downside is that the restaurant looks pricey but there are alternatives in the area.

I was booked into Holiday Inn 57th Street, but read some reviews on Trip Adviser that put me off. We are now booked into the Kimpton Ink 48, which is walking distance from Pier 88 - less than a block. The only downside is that the restaurant looks pricey but there are alternatives in the area.

I stayed at Ink48 last summer. I got a great deal booking through trip advisor. The restaurant was not open early enough for breakfast, I headed to the ship by 10am. There is free coffee in the lobby and a great bakery (Sullivan Street Bakery) right around the corner. There is also Underwest donuts in a car wash right across from the Intrepid Museum. SO good!!

Is this the same hotel as holiday inn Time Square? Or is this a different hotel? I can't remember where the holiday inn time square hotel was but when we stayed there last it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The restaurant IS pricey but really good, at least the last time we stayed there. But as you noted, there are a couple of options in the area.

As I noted, that's my first choice for cruises. My backup hotel in NYC is the Hyatt Andaz 5th Avenue, which is a short cab ride from the pier.

I'm booked at the 'Wellington Hotel' pre-cruise. I hope that I've made a good choice! :confused:

I've stayed at the Wellington before. A classic NYC hotel. Lots to do around the area and an easy cab to port. Of late , we've been staying at the Ameritania or Courtyard on 54th near broadway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums