Luggage Valet Losing Bags?

Luvcrusn

Did you use Luggage Valet?

What I have found with Southwest is that the bags show up in a day or so.

How much you can claim if it is really lost depends on your insurance.

Yes, I used luggage valet.

Still hoping mine shows up but I have been home for 2 days now and nothing. ( March 3rd )

Yes, I used luggage valet.

Still hoping mine shows up but I have been home for 2 days now and nothing. ( March 3rd )

That doesn't sound good. If Southwest got it from Luggage Valet then I would expect it to show up. If Luggage Valet didn't pick it up from the ship or misrouted the bag recovering it is problematic.

I have been getting travel insurance , BUT didn't this time as I booked the cruise over 3 years ago before I started getting the insurance , when I noticed I didn't have it , I dropped the ball and went without . Bad Timing , Bad Luck :(

Check the credit card you used for your flights. Some have basic insurance as a benefit.

Great question !

SouthWest has no record of ever getting the missing piece. But are still looking.

You indicated Southwest was not of much help. But if they did not receive the bag they have zero responsibility and also no way to know why they did not receive it.

So at this point the question is did Luggage Valet receive the bag from Celebrity or did Celebrity not get the bag to them.

You indicated Southwest was not of much help. But if they did not receive the bag they have zero responsibility and also no way to know why they did not receive it.

So at this point the question is did Luggage Valet receive the bag from Celebrity or did Celebrity not get the bag to them.

Luggage found without tags except for my Royal Caribbean Diamond Plus tag with my name and info on . Guess who called Royal Caribbean asking if I was on a cruise and missing a bag.

They said it was turned into Royal at the port terminal I explained I was a Celebrity and had the Luggage Valet they boxed up the suitcase and Fed Ex it to me.

6 hours later SouthWest called to tell me there was little hope of finding my bag and tomorrow I could file a claim tomorrow.

Ok, I'll bite. Who called Royal Caribbean?

Glad youre getting your bag back.

No idea

Was told it was found at the port, I guess they contacted Royal because of the Royal Diamond Plus tag with my name on it.

We have used luggage valet many times but once one of our bags did not make it to our home airport when we did. The airline was very nice and try to find our bag for days. Finally I asked my husband to call luggage valet to see if they knew where our bag might be. Guess what they had our bag but never felt it necessary to call us to tell us that it was still in Florida. They told us they found a bottle of Rum in it and they could not send it with alcohol in it and if we came back down within 3 months we could pick it up there. Got the suitcase back minus the Rum and said thank you. When the system works it is great but just sometimes it gets really screwed up.

Pat