17 days to first cruise/ nervous and worried

Reikijulie

Allbobs great advice, will go on google today to look at all advice given. Feeling much more prepared now due to this thread , as said I booked it for my dad who now can I go, I am actually excited now 👍

Something I didn't know until the end of our first cruise, a fortnight in the Caribbean....we'd unpacked, and when we came back from dinner, both suitcases had disappeared... I presumed to a storage facility somewhere.

After the two weeks, when everyone was talking about packing, I was waiting and waiting for the suitcases to reappear...I never thought about looking under the bed, until someone told me. :rolleyes:

Now I use the under the bed suitcases to store used clothes and anything we've bought on the holiday. ;)

Very important.[/color][/b] During the cruise you'll be given a form asking if you'd like the ship to convert from dollars to sterling before charging your card "for your convenience" :rolleyes:

Decline that offer - ship's exchange rates are awful & your best value is always to allow your card to be charged in ship's currency and for your card issuer to convert to sterling at a much better exchange rate.

Some places ashore might offer the same. Always decline. Always have your card charged in local currency as billed, & allow your card issuer to do the conversion.

A general rule of travel, whether by cruise ship or land-based or any other kind of travel: When something (anything!) is offered "for your convenience", this should throw up a huge red flag! Don't take it! It is almost NEVER in your best interests or "convenience".