Lost Luggage Mellennium 18th September

niko40

Just an outside chance

My Mom was on this cruise and has lost her luggage she was tag no 3 Green it was a black case with a mauve/pink band around when she went to collect hers there was one black case left but it was not hers by any chance has someone picked up the wrong case she would love to get it back it has photos of the cruise and all her gowns in it.

Celebrity said they are hopeful to get it back but if someone picked it up by accident there is not much of a chance of it being reunited.

Wow! So sorry this happened to your Mom!

Hopefully the individual that got the wrong bag will want their own things returned to them. They will be responsible for the cost of shipping the bags back to Celebrity, to your Mom, and also to themselves.

I can only imagine that the cost of the clothing and the photos has got to be a big loss for your Mom!

Good luck!

Wow! So sorry this happened to your Mom!

Hopefully the individual that got the wrong bag will want their own things returned to them. They will be responsible for the cost of shipping the bags back to Celebrity, to your Mom, and also to themselves.

I can only imagine that the cost of the clothing and the photos has got to be a big loss for your Mom!

Good luck!

Fingers crossed . Yes sentimental value for the Photos and financial for the clothes my mom has expensive taste lol

Fingers crossed . Yes sentimental value for the Photos and financial for the clothes my mom has expensive taste lol

Sorry, no help with lost luggage, but can Celebrity help with the lost pictures of the cruise? Can they provide her with duplicates of the ones she ordered? Not much consolation but just a thought....Worth a phone call...I don't think they keep photos for long.

Sincere best wishes that the suitcase turns up.

It is too late to fix the problem now but we always put our contact information inside of the suitcase. I accidentally picked up the wrong suitcase at an airport. I was able to contact the person who owned it to tell him that I was returning the suitcase to the airport.

One other thing and I am sure that she realizes this now, you should never put stuff that can not be replaced such as photos, irreplaceable souvenirs or electronics into your suitcase.

DON

One other thing and I am sure that she realizes this now, you should never put stuff that can not be replaced such as photos, irreplaceable souvenirs or electronics into your suitcase.

DON

This is true, and I would never do that. But, if it were my Mom she is really not able to carry very much. A small tote on her shoulder and her cane is it. [luckily she does not use any electronics :rolleyes:]

OP, I hope your Mom gets her suitcase back.

It has likely gone home with the owner of the black suitcase that was left. Did Celebrity contact them to check?

Too late, now, I know but for anyone else in the same circumstance, the earlier you can identify the case that may have been mistaken for yours the better. We used to travel with extremely distinctive luggage but someone still managed to have one the same as ours. She picked one of our cases, rather than her own, despite it being a different size.

When it was clear that our bag was not there, I took the orphan case off the carousel (we were at Miami) and started ringing the mobile 'phone number on the Celebrity luggage tag. (The first thing I noticed was that the owner was from the UK - that was reassuring as I knew that, even if she had got it home before realising, there would be less difficulty in having ours returned.) Eventually the woman answered and, with the help of the port official, she was made to return our case to the port and collect her own.

There was contact information on and inside the case so hopefully they will make contact with either my mom or celebrity - unfortunately she didn't have time to wait around to see if the owner of the left case was contacted her flight from Shanghai was early so she had to get to the airport.

hopefully Celebrity can locate the owner of the case but I fear contacting Shanghai and getting any sense out of them is a little more difficult