newbie and Acronyms are making me crazy

redhot77

Congrats.

But do you know what QANTAS is an acronym for?

;)

I do. I saw it on an aircraft in an old photograph. Until that epiphany, I never understood why it wasn't spelled "Quantas."

Before I logged on to Cruise Critic about a year ago, I'd never seen "DW" or "DH" before. However, in trying to decode abbreviations used on other boards I'd learned that Googling something like "DW abbreviation" can, usually, be helpful. Of course in the case in the case of "DW" there are tens of suggested meanings. So, you do have to rely on context.

LOL -- and, here I thought I was the only one who wondered why a poster was being advised to fire their Trans Atlantic!;)

Probably because he advised them to use their CC to book a cruise on CC after he read a good review on CC . LOL

;)

I do. I saw it on an aircraft in an old photograph. Until that epiphany, I never understood why it wasn't spelled "Quantas."

Before I logged on to Cruise Critic about a year ago, I'd never seen "DW" or "DH" before. However, in trying to decode abbreviations used on other boards I'd learned that Googling something like "DW abbreviation" can, usually, be helpful. Of course in the case in the case of "DW" there are tens of suggested meanings. So, you do have to rely on context.

You wouldn't be the first, often asked that question.