HELP Royal Caribbean - Complaint - Discount voucher

Highlandgal

Hi

Can anybody help? On Rhapsody at the moment. We are regular cruisers & booked online through http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk. As always we choose online which cabin we want to book. Chose a corner JS & paid an extra £1000 for this JS cabin instead of another JS elsewhere on the ship. We arrived and find out British online booking website is wrong JS 8088 is NOT on the corner with wrap around balcony but a standard JS sandwiched in between 2 others with a connecting door!!!!!! Definitely NOT what we booked. After complaining to CS & getting nowhere I took to Twitter & got instant responses from @RoyalCaribbean so much so they contacted ship & we had a meeting next morning with Director of Hotel Services & Guest Services Manager. Eventually we get a letter saying we will get a dicount voucher for 40% eventually from HQ sent to our travel agent. We don't have a travel agent!!!!!!!!! Which we told them at the meeting. Also it says we only find out specific details of certificate useage once the certificate arrives!!!!

Has anybody had one of these certificates before & what were they like?

My concern is they are worthless as when/if it ever arrives there will be so many caviates on the certificate it will be worthless. I don't understand why they can't a. Refund me the money or b. Issue me the certificate whilst I'm on board

I am really unhappy at Royal Caribbean

You might get more responses by posting on the RC board.

Many of the rules for UK bookings are different than US so the rules for certificates vary. As far as I have ever booked all cabins in the same category are the same price. In other words, all junior suites are the same price. Not sure why you paid extra for a specific junior suite.

Thanks Grandma Dazzles, I've also posted in RC board

Yeah that's one of my concerns that the voucher comes from USA & would be useless to us in UK.

Not all JS in the same category, same as not all balcony cabins in same category. Different category's dependant on where cabins are on ship etc so there can be quite a difference in price

Edited by Highlandgal

Thanks Grandma Dazzles, I've also posted in RC board ����

Yeah that's one of my concerns that the voucher comes from USA & would be useless to us in UK.

Not all JS in the same category, same as not all balcony cabins in same category. Different category's dependant on where cabins are on ship etc so there can be quite a difference in price

Glad you found the RC board. Good luck!

I'm sorry that you did not get the cabin location you expected. When you book your next cruise make sure to look at the deck plan for the specific ship on CC's deck plans. You will be able to clearly see where your cabin is before you book and make deposit.

That is what the OP did. They website was incorrect. What they thought they were booking based on the deck plan presented was wrong.

Edited by notentirelynormal

CC's deck plans correctly show the OP's cabin (which is not a corner JS) but so does the uk website https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/pdf/Rhapsody_Profile_1663_v2015_Jun.pdf

Hard to know where the error happened without seeing the actual booking confirmation and deck plan used. I can only surmise that either the deck plan provided was incorrect, or perhaps the deck plan was read incorrectly. Since RCI provided a certificate, it would seem the former is more likely.

Sorry, but cannot address the certificate details until they are posted. There often are time limits and usage limits included.

To clarify, it wasn't the CC deck plan that was wrong but the online booking deck plan on uk website. Again NOT the PDFs deck plan on the website but when you are actually booking online the deck plan was wrong ( certainly for deck 8 aft) can't confirm for all other decks.

RCI have confirmed it is their fault cherylandtk, I can assure you it was not our fault and we didn't read anything wrongly. We are seasoned cruisers who always choose & book our cabin carefully just didn't expect RCI to have wrong deck plans on their online booking system