Will $50 deposit come again?

terri1020

This is a question for loyal Carnival cruisers. This morning, October 1st, my DH told me that there was a $50pp deposit sale that expired yesterday. We're planning our 40th wedding anniversary for 2018 and this would have been a perfect way to get a cruise on the books. I know you don't have a crystal ball, but from your vast experience, will this sale likely come again?

It is very likely, considering they've done what feels like one a month all year. They are very popular with families because it lowers the initial commitment, and they are very popular with the cruise line because they get bookings without actually discounting anything.

I don't see any reason they would stop the reduced deposit sales.

This is a question for loyal Carnival cruisers. This morning, October 1st, my DH told me that there was a $50pp deposit sale that expired yesterday. We're planning our 40th wedding anniversary for 2018 and this would have been a perfect way to get a cruise on the books. I know you don't have a crystal ball, but from your vast experience, will this sale likely come again?

Half-off deposit "sales" have been occurring monthly for over a year. $99 and $50 deposit "sales" have been scarcer, but I've seen them pop up every few months.

They will come again but to us given current interest rates would rather have reduction in total price

Give it time and it will happen again.

Strange posted earlier now dont see my post.

They do this often and guess they get substantial bookings from people who dont want to or cant afford regular deposit. As a result would expect you will see this again in next few months but perhaps with higher cruise pricing.

Yes! I booked my cruise in May because of the 50$ deposit for my Upcoming sailing in December. Then I saw it came back this week. Just keep your eyes peeled [emoji102].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My computer makes this thread sto at post 4. It's donw that to other threads too. Wonder why?

Priceline is offering cruises with $0 down. Maximum initial deposit that can be waived is $500, which would be due 10 days before final payment date. Priceline does charge a $25 booking fee, and a $100 fee if you cancel, but you could offset that with discounted Carnival Gift Cards through AARP or Verizon, since you would be able to pay for the entire cruise that way.

The deal ends tonight. You must call Priceline to take advantage of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk