Elation itinerary

liquorstore

Just saw where Elation will be departing Jacksonville today with no Bahama port calls.. Cruise to nowhere??

click on "weather alert" or "report" on Carnival's website and you'll find the following:

Carnival Elation – 10/3/16 departure

We will need to cancel our calls in Half Moon Cay and Nassau and replace them with a visit to Key West and Freeport. Please find the new itinerary below.

Day Port Arrival Departure

Mon Jacksonville, FL 4:00PM

Tue Fun Day @ Sea

Wed Key West 8:00AM 8:00PM

Thu Fun Day @ Sea

Fri Freeport, The Bahamas 7:00AM 2:00PM

Sat Jacksonville, FL 7:00AM

Any further updates?

Edited by evandbob

Wow, 12 hours in Key West?! Where do I sign up? That's a change I would love. Plenty of time to hang around town and get to partake in the sunset celebration. Awesome!

Agree with you. Usually the Key West port is to short to enjoy both day and night activities. A shame that a Hurricane is the cause of the change.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

click on "weather alert" or "report" on Carnival's website and you'll find the following:

Carnival Elation – 10/3/16 departure

We will need to cancel our calls in Half Moon Cay and Nassau and replace them with a visit to Key West and Freeport. Please find the new itinerary below.

Day Port Arrival Departure

Mon Jacksonville, FL 4:00PM

Tue Fun Day @ Sea

Wed Key West 8:00AM 8:00PM

Thu Fun Day @ Sea

Fri Freeport, The Bahamas 7:00AM 2:00PM

Sat Jacksonville, FL 7:00AM

Any further updates?

I don't think Thursday will be a fun day at sea :eek:

I been on 69 cruises in my lifetime so far, only four of them

have been rocky but nothing much to me....I would never get on this ship out of Jacksonville today, its going to rock like nobody ever experienced...there is no way its going to avoid that rough seas due to Hurricane Matthew....for the first time I can honestly say I am glad I not on that cruise lol There is no way they can go around it...they will be safe but rocking like you can't imagine (she is not a very heavy ship)

lol

They will try to beat the storm, they will get back by saturday I am sure. I would not liked being in Key West for two days, if I wanted that I just do a land based vacation, the idea of a cruise is to be at sea especially during the evening and night time.

The Elation won't beat the storm back into port. The eye of the storm is supposed to be over or near Jacksonville during the night Friday night or early Saturday morning. According to their website, the Elation may be getting into port later than usual on Saturday, and my cruise will leave later on Saturday. At least, that's their latest story.

My guess, as long as the port of Jax is ok for her to dock I would think she be there saturday perhaps just later. I assume she is moving back up towards jacksonville at a very slow speed keeping out of the clear of the hurricane, my guess she is moving and probably around Ft. Lauderdale or even West Palm Beach where it is all cleared now and continue to move northward as the hurricane moves north.

Edited by Cruisegirl6