Celebrity Summit

newyorkray

As for updates, the only cabins updated were suites. The last dry dock, if you can call it that was minimal.

On our past 2 cruises, a total of 21 nights, we only got up to the outdoor movie area once, as the weather was not good enough to be up there most of the time. it's very windy up there even on a good day.

Tuscan Grille is not as nice as Normandie and they took away loungers in the Thallosotherapy area on the starboard side and put in tables and chairs.

They did get rid of the massaging shower heads in the Thalasotherapy pool. I wasn't happy about that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Yes, we were very disappointed in the changes to the pool and the area. So sad they ruined it instead of upgrading it.

Edited by CruisingChick

They did get rid of the massaging shower heads in the Thalasotherapy pool. I wasn't happy about that.

Wow...wonder why...that's a downgrade..did they remove the metal seats in the pool as well?

Hardly can call it a T pool....

Gee I hope they did not do that on Infinity...I think the in pool showers were on "connie

Edited by hcat

Thanks for the info, I was disappointed to hear of the changes in the T-pool. My wife, especially, loved the metal seats in the pool. They always had trouble with the T-pools. Many remember when the M class ships came out they wanted to charge $25 for using it after advertising it was free. Such an uproar they decided not to. I liked the Normandie restaurant, its a shame they change it. I didn't think the Tuscan Grill was as popular on the Solstice class ships.

Tuscan Grille is not as nice as Normandie and they took away loungers in the Thallosotherapy area on the starboard side and put in tables and chairs.

Totally agree with this! We tried to get a reservation, they had very few tables for two. We were told that if we were a table for 4 we could get a reservation but the 2's were booked. (All 6 tables!) 1st night...we did not know another couple to make a 4 some. We booked for another night but did not get the "special rate" so we ended up cancelling...used our OBC for massages instead of food!

Yes...they did ruin this area by putting in "sofa units" and tables and chairs that did not begin to accommodate as many people as the loungers. Chair hogs had the loungers "reserved" by 7:30 am! People were dragging lounge chairs from the pool area. Ahhh...hopefully they got the idea that their concept did not appeal to the paying passengers!

Why did they need so many tables?..

It does get crowded at AQ cafe for lunch but need for loungers seems greater.

Have cruised Summit in the Carib, to Hawaii and Bermuda but does not seem that appealing for another trip..

We like Connie and are looking forward to Infinity..hope the Solarium pool is intact

Hcat are you talking about the rollers that you can lay down in on either side? Those are still there. I like laying down and relaxing there.

Tuscan Grill is not as nice as Normandy was. Normandy was extra special with gueridon service. The Dover Sole and Murano Lobster prepared table side were to die for! The service, classic French dishes and attention to detail made it a favorite of ours!

Edited by colombiangirl