HAL Smoking Announcement

Actually, I do believe that the topic is relevant to this board, because:

a) X has the "gold standard", when it comes to limiting on-board smoking; and b) the proposed changes in HAL's smoking policy -- as well as how they are implemented -- would be of some interest to X cruisers who were considering HAL (me, for one).

That being said, the previous poster makes a good point: maybe one thread on this topic is sufficient. :)

What's the big deal? So somebody else posted this earlier. I missed the earlier post, as perhaps others did, as well.

And I think the idea that HAL has eliminated smoking from its balconies is VERY relevant to this board, because some of us choose Celebrity to avoid smoking on balconies, even though they would just as soon be on a HAL ship.

Why do people have to be so whiny?

I think its relevant to X, and here's why: now that other lines are tightening their smoking policies, it is time once again for Celebrity to take a leadership position and eliminate all on board smoking. Yes, the very vocal minority will scream and cry, while the vast majority will embrace the progressive business decision and vote with their wallets.