QM2 M703M World Cruise 2017 changes

Janix

I have just received the following information from our TA regarding the cancellation of Egyptian calls.

Due to security concerns in Safaga and Sharm el Sheikh, Cunard have decided to replace these ports of call with visits to Oman’s capital, Muscat and the beautiful city of Limassol, situated on the southern coast of Cyprus.

In order to accommodate these changes, it has been necessary for us to amend the date of the call in to Aqaba. The revised section of the itinerary is now as follows:-

20/04/17 Muscat, Oman – Arrive early morning & Depart afternoon

21/04/17 At sea for 4 Days

25/04/17 Aqaba, Jordan – Arrive morning & Depart evening

26/04/17 At sea

27/04/17 Suez, Egypt - Arrive early morning, Cruise by, Depart early morning

Suez Canal – Arrive early morning, Cruise by, Depart afternoon

Port Said, Egypt – Arrive early evening, Cruise by, Depart early evening

28/04/17 Limassol, Cyprus – Arrive early morning, Depart early evening

I have heard good reports from friends who have visited Muscat and of course Cyprus is always worth a visit.

John

Thanks for the update, I hope people aren't too disappointed.

Hi Hattie,

I much prefer the new itinerary ! Muscat is supposed to be a little jewel and I hope a good bonus to everyone.

John

Hi Hattie,

I much prefer the new itinerary ! Muscat is supposed to be a little jewel and I hope a good bonus to everyone.

John

I have a friend recently returned from Muscat and she thought it was a wonderful place......

Hi Hattie,

John

Hi John

We went to Muscat in 2014 on QV & loved it. Don't miss a visit to the Grand Mosque

Lin

Hi, John!

At least they decided well in advance instead of waiting until about a month before.

Has Cunard been back to Egypt since our stops were cancelled on the 2014 World Voyage?

Are you doing the full Voyage?

Kathi

Hi Lin & Kathi,

Great to hear from you both again. As soon as I found out about the change I emailed Maggie and JT to see if they would be around when we call into Limassol. Unfortunately they will be elsewhere, but JT said Muscat was a great port as had been subsequently confirmed by others. I know some were a little disappointed with our stop in Salalah and said Muscat was much better, so hopefully now we will find out.

Kathi afaik Egypt has not been visited since 2014, we certainly didn't on 2015, passing through Suez at nighttime owing to a potential closure problem when another ship grounded. BTW we have booked the whole trip :-)

Best wishes

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So nice that you are doing the full world. Too bad Maggie and JT are not going to be home.:(

Muscat looked very intriguing when we stopped to disembark a sick passenger. I heard many people say they wished a port stop had been added there when Egypt was cancelled.

Have a great time!

We have been to Muscat 3 times on world cruises and it's one of our favorites. The sultan has done wonders for the area and his people. Be sure to take a tour that includes the stunning Grand Mosque and then walk through the large, clean souk that is directly on the harbor. As you enter the harbor, look for the gigantic white incense burner sitting on a hill that is the monument for the sultanate of Muscat. It's stunning and can be seen from all over the town. (You can google "incense burner, Muscat, Oman" to see many photos).

We have been to Muscat 3 times on world cruises and it's one of our favorites. The sultan has done wonders for the area and his people. Be sure to take a tour that includes the stunning Grand Mosque and then walk through the large, clean souk that is directly on the harbor. As you enter the harbor, look for the gigantic white incense burner sitting on a hill that is the monument for the sultanate of Muscat. It's stunning and can be seen from all over the town. (You can google "incense burner, Muscat, Oman" to see many photos).

Many thanks for your insight Patti, Cunard have moved very quickly and the excursions for Muscat and Limassol are now online.

John

So nice that you are doing the full world. Too bad Maggie and JT are not going to be home.:(

Muscat looked very intriguing when we stopped to disembark a sick passenger. I heard many people say they wished a port stop had been added there when Egypt was cancelled.

Have a great time!

Please note it was Salalah where we dropped off the sick passenger during the QM2 2016 World Voyage.

That was the day after our call at Muscat.

Edited by welshred

I think Kathi was referring to the 2014 WC on QE ? However it seems to be a regular activity at several ports. I just hope it never involves me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please note it was Salalah where we dropped off the sick passenger during the QM2 2016 World Voyage.

That was the day after our call at Muscat.

As Janix mentioned, I was referring to the 2014 World Voyage on QE. We were on our way to Abu Dhabi.

Thanks John for the update. I hope that doesn't upset others too much.

It is too bad that Maggie and John won't be there when you visit Cyprus.

It is good to hear from you, as well as some of the rest of the gang. We are still looking for 2018 but Cunard is still too much for us so may have to either wait and see if the price goes down on some of their cruises or maybe even look to go to Alaska and other areas. Would love to do another World Cruise on Cunard in the future and hopefully get to see you all again! Happy to at least hear and read any of the trip reports from you!