- plain chips

- peanut m&ms

- fruit platter

- cookies

- pb&j sandwiches

- cheese platter

- club sandwiches

- chocolate covered strawberries

Ask for anything your heart desires. Nachos, shrimp cocktails, wings, plate of smoked salmon, fresh fruit, or anything from any of the restaurants. I even have had hot fudge sundaes delivered for my kids when we were getting back from a hot day on shore.

Besides the daily snacks they bring we asked to have a pitcher of ice tea in the suite. It was nice to just be able to have a glass of tea.

The regular daily snack changed each day and included things like: cheese, veggie plate, chocolate covered strawberries, small tarts, finger sandwiches, canapes.

One of our favorite items to have them bring was a BLT after returning from excursions. For some reason those were the absolutely best tasting BLTs.

My youngest son (who was 14 at that time) enjoyed watching a late night movie and having pizza brought in.

And then having breakfast brought in on excursion days was great. We told our butler to just come in at the designated time - so he'd quietly set up, leave, and we'd have a nice hot breakfast prior to leaving the ship for the day.

Are snacks such as m and m's at an extra cost. I understand if they bring you something from a specialty restaurant it is billed to your account, we do not have the sdp, but what about candies which I believe you pay extra for on the ship.

Thanks

Are snacks such as m and m's at an extra cost. I understand if they bring you something from a specialty restaurant it is billed to your account, we do not have the sdp, but what about candies which I believe you pay extra for on the ship.

Thanks

Not in the Haven. They also have them out in the Haven courtyard during the daytime.

Shrimp cocktails, platter of smoked salmon/capers, surprise desserts each evening, popcorn, hot chocolate, peanut M&M's. Cannot think of a single thing we asked for that they couldn't/wouldn't deliver.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Reading this thread is making me hungry.

Last year I asked for hot water so I could make tea. Our Butler kept the hot water coming every few hours while we were cruising glacier bay. Amazing service.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I may be in the minority, but we were not impressed with what was delivered on average. Plates of caviar, smoked salmon and shrimp cocktails were not available on the Star. Instead we received plates of potato chips, dried out sandwiches, and some fruit plates. Only one night did we receive some M&M's and it was touted as a 'big deal.'

Do we just give our requests to the butler when we board? Or is this something we need to do ahead?

You can tell the butler when you get onboard what your preferences are. Normally when they bring M&Ms and gummy bears, they leave them until they're gone, so they shouldn't take them away.

I'm getting hungry reading all of this too!

Do we just give our requests to the butler when we board? Or is this something we need to do ahead?
If there is something you would like everyday, just let the Butler know you would like it every day. If there are any snacks you would like, just ask the Butler and if they can get them they will. I requested cookies one day and my Butler brought them to my suite in like 15 minutes.

BTW, the oatmeal raisin cookies are to die for.

Thanks

Haven hack for the common man: grab a bowl and fill it up with m&ms from the ice cream toppings area in the Garden Cafe. Dress your youngest kid up in a tux and have them serve you the m&ms. Don't forget to tip - your child is not included in the DSC.

• Haha 1

Haven hack for the common man: grab a bowl and fill it up with m&ms from the ice cream toppings area in the Garden Cafe. Dress your youngest kid up in a tux and have them serve you the m&ms. Don't forget to tip - your child is not included in the DSC.

Love it :)

We had breakfast in our Haven suite every morning served by our butler...eggs bene never tasted so good.

One evening we didn't want to leave our suite and had the butler (William) deliver dinner from Cagney's ..... we still had one of our SDP dinners left.

Being in the haven and having the services of a butler was an amazing experience. :)

Good one [emoji1303]

In the past we had always had our butler bring us sushi(which we paid for) a couple of times during our cruise. This past March when I asked for it our butler said that he could not because of safety. This was when we first met on day one and I did not really question it. A few weeks ago we were in a suite visiting friends and they had sushi delivered. Has any one had any experiences with this?

Our experience has been that we could ask for pretty much anything that is available on the ship that day. We've asked for raisins, pretzel bread, specific desserts, fruit...all kinds of stuff. Usually got it. Next cruise is not in a suite. We will miss having a butler.

this is crazy. you are nickeling and diming us to death. but ill bite:

What is the appropriate tip for child labor? is it based on whether you used the child or if they just said hi to you in the hallway? maybe ask them how big a family back home they have to feed.

this is crazy. you are nickeling and diming us to death. but ill bite:

What is the appropriate tip for child labor? is it based on whether you used the child or if they just said hi to you in the hallway? maybe ask them how big a family back home they have to feed.

Remember all children lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what about POA...I hear what is available is a little different? And since we've never tipped a butler...how does that work, we tip all at once at the end right? And how much?

I'm dreaming of my husband not having to search on board for extra cartons of skim milk....and having them in our fridge every day.:D

Sorry first time on NCL we typically do a deluxe balcony on other lines so don't want to mess up and leave a mad butler!

So what about POA...I hear what is available is a little different? And since we've never tipped a butler...how does that work, we tip all at once at the end right? And how much?

I'm dreaming of my husband not having to search on board for extra cartons of skim milk....and having them in our fridge every day.:D

Sorry first time on NCL we typically do a deluxe balcony on other lines so don't want to mess up and leave a mad butler!

Tipping is very personal and you should take into consideration the services you received, how they were handled and, of course, your budget. Keep in mind that what ever amount you tip, the Butler and Concierge will be very grateful.

After saying that, here is what I do. I tip only at the end of the cruise. I tip the Butler $10 per person per day and the Concierge $5 per person per day and depending on service, I can add or subtract from that amount. Some tip more and some tip less, it is all up to what one wants to do.