How do you you start your cruise?

capecodmercury

What a great post and so timely for us as we will board the Millennium in Yokohama this Sunday!!! It has been awhile since we were on a Celebrity ship (we were on both the Horizon and the Zenith shortly before Celebrity sold them) so we seem to have an amazing track record of sailing on Celebrity's older ships, which we actually like because we like the smaller ships. Have cruised on a number of other cruise lines as well, but Celebrity has probably been our favorite. We, too, enjoy the initial glass of champagne, join the herds at the buffet for lunch; however, this will be our first cruise with the drink package so I'm envisioning a pina colada to go with my lunch instead of iced tea! As soon as the rooms are ready we will head down, unpack our carry on bags (as well as our other bags if they have arrived), read the Welcome Aboard newsletter and find out what is going on the rest of the day, complain a little about the Muster Drill but know once we are done with that, all our responsibilities are over for the next 14 days! We also check out where our table is in the MDR, tour the ship, and now that we have the drink package decide what libation is best suited for sail-away. Leaving Thursday for Tokyo, my head is already in the clouds and my heart is on the sea!:p

Edited by cruisingtheword

What a great post and so timely for us as we will board the Millennium in Yokohama this Sunday!!! It has been awhile since we were on a Celebrity ship (we were on both the Horizon and the Zenith shortly before Celebrity sold them) so we seem to have an amazing track record of sailing on Celebrity's older ships, which we actually like because we like the smaller ships. Have cruised on a number of other cruise lines as well, but Celebrity has probably been our favorite. We, too, enjoy the initial glass of champagne, join the herds at the buffet for lunch; however, this will be our first cruise with the drink package so I'm envisioning a pina colada to go with my lunch instead of iced tea! As soon as the rooms are ready we will head down, unpack our carry on bags (as well as our other bags if they have arrived), read the Welcome Aboard newsletter and find out what is going on the rest of the day, complain a little about the Muster Drill but know once we are done with that, all our responsibilities are over for the next 14 days! We also check out where our table is in the MDR, tour the ship, and now that we have the drink package decide what libation is best suited for sail-away. Leaving Thursday for Tokyo, my head is already in the clouds and my heart is on the sea!:p

Wow! What a place to start a cruise from! Have a great cruise!!

I head straight to the Sunset Bar and consume copious amounts of various alcohol..........and then I come to and repeat until my wife says it's time to go home.:)

Thank you in helping to keep profits up & cruise costs down!