NCL customer service Hurricane Andrew

63galaxie

I just spoke to an NCL representative who asked me to check back after 5:00 pm tonight as NCL may be updating their weather update on their website tonight.

Just btw, she's in Ft Lauderdale office, but she personally had not heard that the ports are being closed.

I hope the NCL employees will be evacuating in time to get out safety. Floridas Governor is on tv and he just said if you can evacuate now, do so.

And, the POTUS just made an announcement on tv as well.

I

I'm just praying for safety. Forget about worrying about cruising.

At least the Governor has activated National Guard. He's also said it's likely they will lose power.

Ok, I meant Hurricane Matthew-duh.

Edited by 63galaxie

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. HOPFULLY the track is accurate and the storm does not make landfall anywhere in Florida or anywhere else.

If the storm stays off the coast as expected, the east part of a hurricane is the bad part they call the "dirty side." HOPFULLY we will have only some wind gusts and rain.

Edited by david_sobe

Update:NCL has changed Breakaways itinerary but no word on Escape. Per my NCL repr NCL is sending the representatives home early today to prepare for the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which Breakaway cruise has been changed? Current or the one leaving in Sunday? What is the change?

Update:NCL has changed Breakaways itinerary but no word on Escape. Per my NCL repr NCL is sending the representatives home early today to prepare for the storm.

Where did you see the Breakaway change? Nothing is on their website yet

Thx

... she's in Ft Lauderdale office, but she personally had not heard that the ports are being closed.

I hope the NCL employees will be evacuating in time to get out safety. Floridas Governor is on tv and he just said if you can evacuate now, do so...

NCL's Fort Lauderdale office is actually in Sunrise and located 14 miles inland from the coast. For those familiar, it's close-by the Sawgrass Mills mall and not in an evacuation zone.

I just spoke with NCL and they said that Getaway had a change NOT Breakaway. But it sounded like they do have a change for BA planned if needed. But as of right now the 10/9 cruise is on schedule.

Linda