Did anyone book Pride cruise AFTER knowing itinerary would be changed?

falkcor

I've just been wondering... On the last cruise, the itinerary change to NY and Canada (which didn't happen) was announced before sailing and refunds and rebooking options were offered.

I'm curious if anyone booked knowing what was going to happen, and got a last minute deal. Reading here I understand something like 1,000 people chose to cancel and re-schedule or take the refund.

I'm just wondering if anyone actually booked with that considered. I looked the day it was announced and fares were still something like 769 pp for an interior (but it was actually available for booking).

I remember when some of the sailings from the gulf coast were re-scheduled there were crazy fares like $99pp. You had to talk to them directly because online still showed the market fare.

I'm just curious if anyone here actually did that, and if so, what kind of deals were offered. I'd take a 'cruise to nowhere' or heck, better yet, 'cruise to new york' for the right deal.

Interesting question, would be interested in the replies as well. How did they find out about it last time (in order to book)?

it happened a few times as i recall on gulf coast sailings. things like fog and tropical storm delays. basically, that's how they 'found out about it' - in that the port was closed so ship would stay out an extra day and next cruise would be affected.

the one i remember with most clarity was a 4th of july sailing on ecstasy out of galveston... was going to be a 3 day cruise to nowhere as i remember it, and i looked into it the night before and they were still asking for market rate (same as when i looked at pride this time) but lo and behold the next morning when my pvp got back to me sure enough it was like $99pp, and i could get an oceanview instead of interior (free upgrade lol) because there were so many cancellations. of course we had a tropical storm (or what seemed like one) parked over us and torrential rains and i didn't think i could make it to port in time (i was still sitting at work). that is the cruise that was and was not meant to be (1 day vacation time / but couldn't get to port).

i'm just curious if anyone was able to take advantage of something similar this time around.

Edited by falkcor

I can be in Baltimore in a few hours. I'd do it

me too. i looked into it and was discouraged. didn't feel like following up on the phone for potentially a few hours to have to race to port the same morning.

i'm wondering if anybody did. good on them if they did lol ;)

Edited by falkcor

it happened a few times as i recall on gulf coast sailings. things like fog and tropical storm delays. basically, that's how they 'found out about it' - in that the port was closed so ship would stay out an extra day and next cruise would be affected.

the one i remember with most clarity was a 4th of july sailing on ecstasy out of galveston... was going to be a 3 day cruise to nowhere as i remember it, and i looked into it the night before and they were still asking for market rate (same as when i looked at pride this time) but lo and behold the next morning when my pvp got back to me sure enough it was like $99pp, and i could get an oceanview instead of interior (free upgrade lol) because there were so many cancellations. of course we had a tropical storm (or what seemed like one) parked over us and torrential rains and i didn't think i could make it to port in time (i was still sitting at work). that is the cruise that was and was not meant to be (1 day vacation time / but couldn't get to port).

i'm just curious if anyone was able to take advantage of something similar this time around.

Not a bad plan, seas are usually calm "after" a storm as well, as long as you can pick up and go. Something to think about. In the ancient history area.... I do remember the week after 9/11 (still no air flights) them basically giving away rooms to get people on the ships. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jimbo5544