Walk Off Debarkation

SW.FloridaPhil

I know that on other cruises we have taken, you have the option to "walk off" the ship, with your luggage, after the ship has cleared customs. We are sailing the Caribbean on the Divina in a few weeks. We have an early flight and don't want to have to wait until our "color or number" is called, then pick up our bags at the port.

Does MSC have a walk off policy?

We always do an early walk off regardless of the line as we are Florida residents, we sailed on the Divina on August 27 and we're off the ship before 7AM, I'm a golf nut and after 7 days I want to get home ASAP and hit some balls on the range and play a quick 9 holes.

Edited by MISTER 67

• 9 months later...

We will be disembarking in Civitavecchia on MSC Fantasia. Due to arrive at 9 am. We prefer to walk off, two of our group are black card holders, one gold, and the other two have no loyalty status. Theoretically the black card holders will have priority disembarking. Will the others be allowed to disembark with the black holders or have to wait til later?

Does anyone know what would be a "safe" time to arrange for a private shuttle to take us to Rome.?

There will be 3 ships in port that day, one arriving at 5 am, the other at 7 am and us at 9 am.

Thanks for helping.

Yes, you will have the option to do self assist. You will receive a paper in your room the first couple of days which you will need to fill out and drop off at reception. This will secure you the first spots. I believe the only options were 6:30 or 6:45. There are a limited number of spots and you must preregister so be sure to drop it off early. We had a 6:45 disembarkation time and were off the ship and through customs all before 7 am and on our shuttle to the airport all before 7:15. No crowds, no fuss, no muss, I would absolutely do it again.

For our cruise in April on the Poesia, arriving in Venice, we were told that there was not the ability to do self assist. Because we were Bella we were one of the last off the ship.

So if sailing with MSC, check your specific ship for your specific itinerary.

For our cruise in April on the Poesia, arriving in Venice, we were told that there was not the ability to do self assist. Because we were Bella we were one of the last off the ship.

So if sailing with MSC, check your specific ship for your specific itinerary.

Not too surprised about Venice. Some of the piers are quite a distance from the terminal building or the People Mover....so one must often use a shuttle bus. These internal port shuttles are not suitable for folks who are carrying all kinds of luggage.

Hank