Curious about condition of CocoCay

It was no worse than a typical strong storm - no issues in south Florida.

Many issues from PC North. A1A destroyed from Flagler Beach north to St Augustine. Will take some time to fix it. Some people still without power. We lost several businesses on the intercostal that have said they will not rebuild. Lots of damage. We personally lost our screen on our pool and 3 trees were tumbled.

Floating bar is gone. :(. But everything was still standing. ocean was still

A little cloudy and some shelters were temporarily repaired. But all in all. Still enjoyable

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be there in a week, (weather permitting) and I hope to be able to post some pictures.

:D

Many issues from PC North. A1A destroyed from Flagler Beach north to St Augustine. Will take some time to fix it. Some people still without power. We lost several businesses on the intercostal that have said they will not rebuild. Lots of damage. We personally lost our screen on our pool and 3 trees were tumbled.

Hello Troy,

Not sure if you can help. We are going on Enchantment out of Miami during Christmas break. We are driving from Michigan to Miami. We typically would just come down I-75, however we have a little extra time and thought we'd like to cut over to the coast in South Carolina and drive down the coast to Miami. We would like to stop in Savannah and St. Augustine on our drive.

Do you think the roads will be repaired by December or are they much worse than that? Is it too soon to tell? Looking at a map, I also see Highway 1 and I-95. Would Highway 1 be a good alternative or should we stick to I-95?

Thanks for any guidance.

Sorry for hijacking the Coco Cay thread.

Edited by ValerieJo

Hello Troy,

Not sure if you can help. We are going on Enchantment out of Miami during Christmas break. We are driving from Michigan to Miami. We typically would just come down I-75, however we have a little extra time and thought we'd like to cut over to the coast in South Carolina and drive down the coast to Miami. We would like to stop in Savannah and St. Augustine on our drive.

Do you think the roads will be repaired by December or are they much worse than that? Is it too soon to tell? Looking at a map, I also see Highway 1 and I-95. Would Highway 1 be a good alternative or should we stick to I-95?

Thanks for any guidance.

Not Troy, but we're good friends. ;)

I-95 is your best bet. Trying to drive down Route 1 would double the time and not much to see. A1A is the coast road, but it occasionally veers off away from the ocean due to inlets, military bases, etc.. It would also take forever.

Hello Troy,

Thanks for any guidance.

No problem. I am the hijack king.

John did a great job covering the roads as far as I95.

I can't tell you much about condition of Savannah, haven't heard much bad. As far as St Augustine, the old city was hit hard with rising water but from what we hear, is coming back strong. Several members of our HOG Chapter have rode to the old city and most of the city is back up and running. I am sure by Christmas all will be fine there. As far as A1A goes, it is in bad shape with many washouts from SR 100 North to the Mantaza Inlet. However, many side roads are available for detour to navigate around those sections washed out by the surge. The portion of A1A washed out is South of the old city and should not interfere with a visit to the old city.

US 1 is fine but the slow way down. You can pop on and off I95 to 1 and A1A heading South as needed to see the sites. US1 is on the mainland while A1A runs beachside.

If we didn't answer your questions, please let me know.

Edited by troykahack