cruising in December from Baltimore??

YazzyJ

Hello Everyone, I've cruised in the past during the early fall season. Always from a Florida port flying into Florida from Connecticut. This time around we are driving to Baltimore and cruising on the Price on December 11th. now I have done my research so this is something I have not read much about.

so past cruisers out of Baltimore in December, when have you noticed in gets warmer?

I know it will be cold its December and I am a new England girl so I know we are expecting cold weather

We went out of Baltimore early December a couple of years ago. I said I would never leave from Baltimore that time of year again. We had a balcony and couldn't use it three days of the trip. It was chilly until half way through the first sea day and then it was fine.

I would go out of Baltimore again but in the summer or spring.

Edited by debster11
misspelled word

Yes, same weather as a previous poster, for us too.

Most of our Pride cruises have been in February, except for one in Sept., and our next Pride cruise in March 2017. The first sea day and part of the next were cool, but we didn't mind. Down around the Carolinas you can begin to feel the difference in the temps. At least we missed a couple of snow events at home, and there was always plenty to do on the ship. There were some really good prices for that Dec. 11 cruise, and if we weren't booked for early 2017, we would have booked that particular cruise.

Have fun on the Carnival Pride.

We sailed out in early December last year. It was rainy and cold the first sea day, but we made the most of it. We curled up on the serenity deck with blankets and a good book and loved it. Then it was warmer and sunny by the second sea day. Coming home it started cooling off the last sea day. The cover on the lido deck was great for Dive in Movies! I have sailed from Baltimore in May, June, Aug and Dec. I would do any of them all over again. Always pros and cons. :) Whatever you do...ENJOY!

We sailed on a 21 day B2B Journeys that left from Baltimore in January. The first day and a half were pretty cool and the last day was cold. Our first cruise ended in San Juan and the second cruise started in San Juan. We visited 12 different islands. it was an awesome cruise and worth the few days of cold weather.

thanks everyone, that confirms my thoughts. I figured the first 2 days were going to be cold and the last sea day. This is a birthday celebration cruise and also part of a mother and daughter bucket list. we have 100 things to do/bucket list as mother and daughter and we had listed a winter cruise leaving a "winter port". so this will complete one off that list about 85 to go. she is 15 now and we just started last year.

We cruised in December out of Baltimore once (and hit a snowstorm coming back up and it was difficult at best). It was cold the first full day, and then chilly up until we got to Port Canaveral, and even then it was chilly. It didn't actually get nice until we were in the Bahamas but boy was it gorgeous. Our cruise was a few years ago but I'm pretty sure it departed December 13, so that would be about the same time frame.

Hello Everyone, I've cruised in the past during the early fall season. Always from a Florida port flying into Florida from Connecticut. This time around we are driving to Baltimore and cruising on the Price on December 11th. now I have done my research so this is something I have not read much about.

so past cruisers out of Baltimore in December, when have you noticed in gets warmer?

I know it will be cold its December and I am a new England girl so I know we are expecting cold weather

We sailed out of Baltimore, but it was in April, and it was a bit chilly then.

But a cruise is a cruise. And yes, us New Englanders EXPECT the cold weather.:D:D

Another Connecticut cruiser here. Where are you? We are in Newington, right outside of Hartford.

Happy Sailing!!!

we sailed out December 26th last year and hit great weather, we were wearing shorts and lounging in the sun 1st sea day. We've sailed mid march and had snow when we left and cold first and last sea day. I guess it depends on mother nature! Either way enjoy!

When r u sailing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed out of Baltimore, but it was in April, and it was a bit chilly then.

But a cruise is a cruise. And yes, us New Englanders EXPECT the cold weather.:D:D

Another Connecticut cruiser here. Where are you? We are in Newington, right outside of Hartford.

Happy Sailing!!!

HI there, I am from east Harford not too far from you... based on the weather lately I'm hoping for a good winter and not many snowstorms. I keep hearing it may be a very snowy winter!!

We sailed back to Baltimore on Pride relocation cruise end of March 2015.

Temp dropped like a rock the last day going down to 20 or so and we both were sick a day or two later.

DW and I decided than winter cruises are round trips out of Florida from now on

makes complete sense, I would prefer warm weather and fly to florida like I did last year. however we wanted to try one out of a winter port so we will be expecting cold weather and hoping to be prepared. we wan to compare experiences.

we sailed out December 26th last year and hit great weather, we were wearing shorts and lounging in the sun 1st sea day. We've sailed mid march and had snow when we left and cold first and last sea day. I guess it depends on mother nature! Either way enjoy!

thank you! that's exactly what I plan to do just enjoy it as cold as it is or as warm as it is. We will be prepared for cold weather in case we get really low temps. so we should not be disappointed.

makes complete sense, I would prefer warm weather and fly to florida like I did last year. however we wanted to try one out of a winter port so we will be expecting cold weather and hoping to be prepared. we wan to compare experiences.

Hope you have warmer weather than we did, we were totally unprepared for low 20's the very end of March.