Port Canaveral Webcam Fri 10/7

The4Cruisers

Looking at the Port Canaveral webcam.

Looks like the brunt of the storm has passed and the scene is still. Anyone have any information on conditions at the port yet? I know the port website says they still need to do an inspection.

Just wondering if there is any glaring damage at the port?

Fishlips waterfront bar and grill where the webcam is sustained some damage. the blue tarp roof cover over their outside patio was shredded. I also read some where one of the shipping container cranes was damaged or toppled. I was watching the live feed as it approached and at first most docks had power and were lit up pretty good. through the night more docks went dark and before the webcam went offline most of the port was dark. I was also watching live weather as Matthew was going by Canaveral and they had constant winds of about 60-65 mph and highest gust I saw was 89 mph.

I'm sure carnivals port has some cleaning up to do and fixing up.

Fishlips waterfront bar and grill where the webcam is sustained some damage. the blue tarp roof cover over their outside patio was shredded. I also read some where one of the shipping container cranes was damaged or toppled. I was watching the live feed as it approached and at first most docks had power and were lit up pretty good. through the night more docks went dark and before the webcam went offline most of the port was dark. I was also watching live weather as Matthew was going by Canaveral and they had constant winds of about 60-65 mph and highest gust I saw was 89 mph.

That's what I saw as well ,Lou the cam guy had a few post on his face page .Also there was a few rather large boats that broke their mooring lines and were floating around out there.

Edited by BoDidly

That's what I saw as well ,Lou the cam guy had a few post on his face page .Also there was a few rather large boats that broke their mooring lines and were floating around out there.

Yep, those boats crashed into the decking at Grills. So much for evacuating the port.

Yep, those boats crashed into the decking at Grills. So much for evacuating the port.

Yes I did notice that as well. I'm very familiar with the area ,Grills should be getting a new deck very soon. No word on Rusty's yet .

If that's representative of the worst of it, then I think they fared well (all things considered). Looks like Fishlips needs a lot of canopy work, but the rest of that port area looked pretty good on the guy's video. Not sure if they're expecting any more water surge or not. Can't wait to hear the updates tomorrow!

Thanks for your reply! Just watched the video one of their neighbors shot and pasted on Fishlip's FB page.

If that's representative of the worst of it, then I think they fared well (all things considered). Looks like Fishlips needs a lot of canopy work, but the rest of that port area looked pretty good on the guy's video. Not sure if they're expecting any more water surge or not. Can't wait to hear the updates tomorrow!

I agree, the damage could have been much worse.

We just got home after evacuation, the damage here is far beyond what we expected. Hopefully we'll get power back soon. Am surprised and happy that the port suffered very little damage and were able to come in today . Been watching the port webcam and it is such a beautiful day. What a difference 24 hours can make.