Carnival Victory cruise cancelled.

hftmrock

right from John Heald - I didnt see it in any other thread so sorry if duplicate.

Just an update on Port Canaveral

Unfortunately, Port Canaveral is presently closed to all marine traffic and we expect it to remain closed until port officials have had time to complete their assessment and make a determination of when the port is safe to reopen.

Unfortunately, it is now evident that we will be forced to cancel Carnival Victory's cruise that we had hoped to operate today.

Guests will receive a full refund as well as any pre-paid gratuities, Carnival shore excursions and any FunShop purchases. Refunds will be applied to the original form of payment within three weeks

I'm so very sorry for the disruption this has caused to your vacation plans and we do hope we will see you again very soon. As more information comes along I of course will share it wth you and it will be immediately on Carnival's website too

Thank you all

And let the remarks begin:eek: Travel insurance would have been an option to recover travel expenses.

Carnival might bend on this one, it sounds like it was also unexpected on their part.

Not sure I understand what you are referring to when you say Carnival may bend on this one?

What's to bend on?:confused:

Bill

It appears that they are now planning on running, and perhaps not even offering refunds. From the site as of 8:20 a.m. on Saturday 10/8:

Carnival Victory – 10/9/16 departure

Hurricane Matthew has now passed the Port Canaveral area. Officials in Port Canaveral and in the Bahamas will be completing their post storm assessments as soon as conditions are safe. If the port reopens tomorrow, we plan to operate our 4-day cruise on Sunday with an overnight visit to Nassau. Depending on the conditions in Freeport and the long term track of the storm, we may be able to add a visit there later in the week.

We will provide you another update by 6:00 PM on Saturday.

It appears that they are now planning on running, and perhaps not even offering refunds. From the site as of 8:20 a.m. on Saturday 10/8:

Carnival Victory – 10/9/16 departure

Hurricane Matthew has now passed the Port Canaveral area. Officials in Port Canaveral and in the Bahamas will be completing their post storm assessments as soon as conditions are safe. If the port reopens tomorrow, we plan to operate our 4-day cruise on Sunday with an overnight visit to Nassau. Depending on the conditions in Freeport and the long term track of the storm, we may be able to add a visit there later in the week.

We will provide you another update by 6:00 PM on Saturday.

Wow, didn't realize that you posted the same erroneous information twice; once here, and then by creating a new thread to post it again! It's one thing to make an error and post incorrect information, but you seem to be going out of your way to do so!

Wow, didn't realize that you posted the same erroneous information twice; once here, and then by creating a new thread to post it again! It's one thing to make an error and post incorrect information, but you seem to be going out of your way to do so!

FYI, the info they posted is exactly what Carnival's website says...

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4091/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ3NTkzNjM0Ni9zaWQvdTFCbjFCKm0%3D

This is where having a good long term relationship with a Carnival PVP comes in very handy. I was on my way to cruise on the Celebration out of Jacksonville when I got a call the ship had run aground leaving the Bahamas and was going to be late coming back. I called my PVP from the car while I was driving thru North Carolina and asked if I could be moved to another ship. She called me back and said she could put me on a ship in Tampa or Miami and also said the Celebration was going to make it to Jacksonville with one propeller and If I sailed the cruise was going from a 5 day to a 4 day with an OBC and 10% off my next cruise. I stayed with the celebration cruise and I'm glad I did. We had a great time and the crew really went out of their way to make it a fun 4 days.

FYI, the info they posted is exactly what Carnival's website says...

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4091/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ3NTkzNjM0Ni9zaWQvdTFCbjFCKm0%3D

Except that the poster who linked to that is under the mistaken belief that it was in reference to the Oct. 6th cruise that was postponed to Oct. 7th and then cancelled, when in fact the CCL notice pertains to tomorrow's cruise which was never cancelled. The poster has even created another thread claiming that Carnival is being unprofessional by rescheduling an already cancelled cruise when that isn't what has occurred. The poster is just confused.