Adventure's Drydock in Freeport - On schedule, rescheduled, relocated, cancelled?

First off, I hate to even bring this up as it pales in comparison to the bigger issues and needs in the Caribbean. My sincerest thoughts & prayers are with EVERYone impacted by this devastating hurricane.

I believe Adventure of the Seas is/was scheduled for renovation via drydock in Freeport (which took a direct hit) beginning October 14th. Is there any information available as to whether they will proceed with the drydock there?

Is there a possibility that they will move the ship to a different drydock to complete the renovations?

If neither of those are possible, I assume they cancel & reschedule the renovations?

Is there a "best" phone number/email/something to use to get updates from Royal during the renovation?

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone...

... Is there a "best" phone number/email/something to use to get updates from Royal during the renovation?....

I know of no official (or unofficial) contact point that gives updates of dry dock progress.

Very unlikely that a slot could be found at another drydock in the short time frame involved. Drydocks are very limited real estate, and tend to book a year or two out. If the yard took damage, they would of course just have to back up all customers, which would have a ripple effect, not just for the cruise ships, but for all the other ships that use GBSY. Drydockings are a statutory thing, and most shipping companies tend to put them off until the last moment, so there could be some issues with the ship's documentation until a waiver is obtained if the shipyard backs things up until after Adventure's documents expire.

There is a camera at the cruise port in Freeport, but the yard is just barely visible from it.

And, no, no cruise line issues, or releases information on the status of shipyard repairs.

We are on the Adventure right now and the ship heads for the Bahamas for 3 weeks dry-dock this coming Sunday the 16th. We have been told that there is major refurbishment being done plus additional specialty restaurants and flow-rider. We are loving the Adventure and she is really in good shape - I honestly cannot say that the ship looks worn or tired in any way.

Looks like it is reopened.

From their website:

YARD OPEN as of October 10, 2016 8:00 am EST

GBSL ADVISES THAT HURRICANE MATTHEW PASSED OVER FREEPORT, GRAND BAHAMA CAUSING MINIMAL DAMAGE TO THE SHIPYARD. GBSL CONFIRMS THAT THE SHIPYARD IS OPERATIONAL AS OF TODAY, MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2016. PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO COMMUNICATIONS ISSUES ON THE ISLAND, E-MAIL IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED AND WILL RESUME SHORTLY. PLEASE CONTACT VP OF SALES AND MARKETING, GRAHAM COUSER AT 1+ 281-857-4353 WITH BUSINESS QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION RELATING SPECIFICALLY TO THE YARD.

Oh goodness. Subscribing because I definitely need to follow this topic. We are currently booked into a cabin on Adventure that won't exist if the dry dock doesn't happen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well, your cruise is 42 days before ours. I would be happy with Adventure pre or post refurbishment if it is delayed. i just hope it isn't delayed to our week :D We should hear or know something soon, I think the first post refurbished cruise is 11/16, I've been watching their thread, if there is a delay, they will probably start talking about it. I also would think new sailings could pop up if they do delay it by more than a week or two. One more thing to watch!

If you google the Royal Caribbean Blog you will find the answers on the the refurbishment of the Adventure of the Seas. I read a few months back it was suppose to start refurbishment October 2016, from reading this blog, looks like the refurbishment delayed to November 2016.

Edited by starlady

That is some good investigative work. We're cruising 11/26 and I was a bit worried. Appreciate your effort.

No problem, glad to help out.

We are not sailing on AOS until April. Hope everything stays on schedule.