Question About # Passengers in CLS L-1

Snooksi

Hi, I've sailed on the Allure in a CL back in 2013. I know from reading these boards back then, they allowed 5 passengers in the CLs using a roll away bed. There would be two of us upstairs, my 2 daughters on the sofa bed and I want to take my (13 now) 14 y/o grandson and he would sleep on the roll away. I've contacted two online travel agents and both told me they called RCCL and 5 passengers are not allowed in the crown lofts. They will only allow it if the 5th passenger is a child. My grandson IS a child. He's not even a big or tall child (4'9"). Say what? They allow 5 in a junior suite, which is so much smaller than the crown lofts.

Have they changed the rules since I sailed back in 2013? I don't want to book the 2 BR Royal Family Suite (or whatever they call it now..and a friend had one so I've seen one) and I won't consider booking a junior suite (not big enough and we need that 2nd bathroom for all of us) because I want that two story window ocean view on the 17th deck.

I can't believe RCCL doesn't want my money. :(

Edited by Snooksi

You can call RCCL and even book thru them. Then you have some time (30 or 60 days) to transfer it to a travel agent if you are trying to get their perks. That way you have the right answer straight from the horses mouth but can still get the perk you are after.

You can call RCCL and even book thru them. Then you have some time (30 or 60 days) to transfer it to a travel agent if you are trying to get their perks. That way you have the right answer straight from the horses mouth but can still get the perk you are after.

That's exactly why I go thru a TA online...to get the perks. How do you transfer a booking from RCI to an online agent? I didn't realize you could do that.

Thank you!!

We booked the Allure for Nov 6th. 2 days ago my cousin decided to book. He has 2 kids 11&14. They tried to get the kids sail free promo. RCCL the kids sail free promo is only up to age 12. Ages 13 & up are considered adults as far as fares go. I don't know how you can fight it, but good luck. [emoji256]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked the Allure for Nov 6th. 2 days ago my cousin decided to book. He has 2 kids 11&14. They tried to get the kids sail free promo. RCCL the kids sail free promo is only up to age 12. Ages 13 & up are considered adults as far as fares go. I don't know how you can fight it, but good luck. [emoji256]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It has nothing to do with the fares and I know they consider him an "adult" for the fares and I don't have a problem with the payment. I just want him to be able to sleep on a pullman in the same suite as us. I don't want to book two balcony rooms and I don't want a junior suite and I don't want the 2BR royal family suite. I love the crown loft because of the quietness on the 17th deck, close proximity to the new restaurant and bar but most especially because of the two story window view. I just searched the threads and have read several posts from people who used a roll away bed or brought their own air mattress for the 5th passenger.

I know you can be given different answers from several different agents at RCI dependent on the day. It's very frustrating but I'll just try calling them myself and will ask to speak to a supervisor if I have to. I know it can be done. I just don't understand why they are making it so difficult. I'll book thru them and just transfer it to an online TA to get my perks if I have to. I didn't realize (until this post) that I was even able to do that.

Call the crown and anchor # and see what they say, if yes, Book it and then transfer to the ta. Most ta's can handle that end of it for you

Although, if it's a high volumn ta their price could be different(lower) as you could be in a group

Edited by setsail

I could be wrong but I think what they mean by the fifth person needing to be a child is that they would bring in a pack-n-play. Never hurts to call and ask though.

Oh, I didn't think of that but that's not what RCI told my TA, which is what makes it so frustrating. They told her they would only bring in a roll away bed for a CHILD. He might not be a child as far as fares are concerned and I know there are some very big and/or tall 14 y/os out there but he is little and won't even be 14 until right before we would cruise next year. So, if RCI is basing it on "size", it doesn't make sense. It shouldn't be based on size/age period. It should be based on the size of the roll away bed because that doesn't vary and RCI already admitted they do bring rollaway beds in for a "child".

I looked earlier today and searched this topic and found several (5 or 6 in the short time I spent looking/reading) people who posted they had 5 people in a crown loft. I'm sure it's not the "norm" but it certainly is the exception and we are also an exception.

I won't know anything, I guess, until I call RCI myself. I know it's also frustrating because they don't even allow you to "price" any of the even bigger suites online. I couldn't find any sites that even allowed me to have 5 people in one "room" (or suite) and they all want you to call them.

That's exactly why I go thru a TA online...to get the perks. How do you transfer a booking from RCI to an online agent? I didn't realize you could do that.

Thank you!!

I just call my travel agent and give him the booking number and he does it. We are using one from a big box store next time and they e-mailed me the form to fill out.

Thank you!!

You just need to fill out the agency transfer form. Here's the link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=2004