Maya Chen

cocacola86

We're on the Magic in April, so how far from where Carnival docks to Maya Chen? How's the food is it cooked properly, have you ever gotten sick from the water, food? My DW is diabetic do they offer sugar free drinks?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Head over to the Costa Maya board. Plenty of reviews on Maya Chan. They have a website. so you can contact them about SF drinks.

http://costamayabeachresort.com/

They'll get back to you quickly. As far as I've ever heard, the only folks getting sick after going there were the ones who ate too much and drank too much. It's a great place.

Maya Chan provides an excellent resort experience to cruise passengers. It is not within walking distance of the port area, but the resort provides round trip transportation. Bottled water is always available, and food and drink are inclusive. Food is authentic, and has always been tasty

Suggest you e mail the owners regarding your issue of sugar free drinks. They are US citizens and will communicate with you via e mail or phone.

How far from the port to Maya Chen

It's about a 20 minute (very bumpy) ride. You can only go if you have a reservation - you can't just show up. They have a maximum capacity each day and have been known to be totally full. I would not suggest you take a cab and just arrive without being on their list. We've been a number of times and highly recommend it!

~Bob

We're on the Magic in April, so how far from where Carnival docks to Maya Chen? How's the food is it cooked properly, have you ever gotten sick from the water, food? My DW is diabetic do they offer sugar free drinks?

As others have said, it's about a 20 minute ride from the port. They will arrange transport for you from the port and back at the end of your day. The ride is a little bumpy, but not horrible by any means. The food is excellent and absolutely cooked properly, and they use purified water for all their ice. Our family has never had an issue there with food, drinks, transport, or experience. As far as the SF drinks, I would recommend using their contact info on the website. Mark the owner is very quick to respond to requests.

I would highly recommend it, it's a great time you won't be disappointed! Also, as soon as you know you want to go, book immediately as they do fill up.

Only reason why I asked about food was because once we went to a 5 star resort and got sick from the food. Isn't Maya Chen the one run by American ex pats?

Yes, its owned and ran by Americans that also cruise so they know what were looking for. Check out the website, they have a page that explains why they opened Maya Chan.

Outstanding food and service, cant wait to returned next year.

Tom