Scored with the upgrade advantage bid process

Miacruise94

Hi Scott, I would like to take a cabin crawl on the Getaway as I find it interesting to see the different cabin layouts, location on the ship & the view be it a ocean view or balcony or the size of an inside cabin. Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We've never tried a cabin crawl, but it sounds interesting! :cool:

Not sure I'll call again. I hate chasing a company to "give" them more money :)

Yeah - I hear ya. Not usually a fan myself.

Thinking about bidding for my upcoming Getaway cruise. Hate to spend extra cash especially since this was an impulse buy as the price was really good.

But the pull is strong. (I must resist ..I must resist)

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by maryisme

If you haven't received the upsell email, check your spam folder. It is sent by a 3rd party and sometimes ends up there for some reason. My sister and her family are on the same cruise as I am. I received the email and they didn't.

She checked her spam folder, and there it was.

Yeah - I hear ya. Not usually a fan myself.

Thinking about bidding for my upcoming Getaway cruise. Hate to spend extra cash especially since this was an impulse buy as the price was really good.

But the pull is strong. (I must resist ..I must resist)

Have a great cruise!

Thanks...you too! Looking forward to the break soon!:)

Edited by Scoobs9

Hi,

If you do score an upgrade to a Haven cabin, do you get the perks that accompany that advertised category. I am currently booked for a balcony on the Escape in January and have been offered an upgrade opportunity. I now have free Ultimate Bev program and 3 meals - I believe Haven fare offers more perks. Hoping to score it all!

Hi,

If you do score an upgrade to a Haven cabin, do you get the perks that accompany that advertised category. I am currently booked for a balcony on the Escape in January and have been offered an upgrade opportunity. I now have free Ultimate Bev program and 3 meals - I believe Haven fare offers more perks. Hoping to score it all!

Top the very best of my knowledge you only get the perks you currently have, if you are selected for an upgrade.

someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The above poster is correct. You keep the perks you originally booked.

[/url]

How does that work with the pre-paid service charge? The per person per day service charge is different for Haven ($15.50) as opposed to mini-suites and below ($13.50). If you receive an upsell does that get "upgraded" too or will you be charged the $2 per person per day difference?

How does that work with the pre-paid service charge? The per person per day service charge is different for Haven ($15.50) as opposed to mini-suites and below ($13.50). If you receive an upsell does that get "upgraded" too or will you be charged the $2 per person per day difference?

You pay the difference

I've been following along on this topic, thank you to everyone that is posting their updates - so excited for those that snagged an upgrade!!

Someone asked about if you have a TA if you'll get the emails. Every agency is automatically included in the program, they would have to opt-out to have their clients not receive it. They also get a copy of the email you receive.

We're sailing Getaway in Jan and we just got the email today. We booked a Mini suite guarantee and have not been assigned a cabin yet....I am so tempted by the offer, but I want to see what we get placed in before I decide to bid.

We were offered ti bid on H6 from $400pp, H4 from $600pp, H3 and H2 from $1000pp.

Happy bidding eveyone, good luck!!

On my 10/22/16 Escape cruise I got an Upsell to Haven and asked the Upsell agent if I had to pay the difference in gratuity and was told no. She was correct as I wasn't charged. I did tip the butler, concierge as is standard, but ended up giving additional gratuities to my stateroom host and the hostess at the Haven restuarant. They were that good.

You pay the difference

Unless this has changed since October of this year you don't.

Edited to add: if you have prepaid the gratuities before you purchase an upsell, as was the case when I up sold.

Edited by justhappy

• 1 month later...
I received a second email today reminding me of my option to upgrade on my Jan. 8 cruise. Wondering if the bidding process is not working as well as they hoped?

I'm hoping this bidding mess bombs and they go back to a straight upsell. This bidding crap is too stressful.

Thanks for the information. Well, so much for the 48 hours before sailing for the decision, I now assume that is a latest date. Good to know they will accept an offer early. Were you given any choice of cabin?

My understanding of the bidding process is that you do not get to choose your cabin. So it's kind of like booking a guaranty cabin, in a way.

I'm hoping this bidding mess bombs and they go back to a straight upsell. This bidding crap is too stressful.

Me too. I am hoping they start bringing the prices back down to a reasonable fare. I keep checking but the prices are up 2-3 thousand per cruise. Just not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Me too. I am hoping they start bringing the prices back down to a reasonable fare. I keep checking but the prices are up 2-3 thousand per cruise. Just not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Freespir8 me too! After reading some of these posts I checked to see how much it would be to just upgrade to the room I want now and prices went up on my cruise. 2 br (incl tips and insurance) is almost $12k now. It's def not worth it so I'll be hoping I win a bid once I get the email.