Scored with the upgrade advantage bid process

Miacruise94

I was just told by NCL that the upset calls are history. They also told me that the bidding emails are totally random and that my TA has to have registered to get them, but that my TA hadn't as of yet registered. After calling my TA, they said they HAVE registered and were confused, so they conferenced my call with NCL and NCL said the TA IS registered and were confused why I was told (by another NCL rep 10 min earlier!), that they weren't. :confused:

Very confusing!!! NCL seems like they're growing too fast, trying TOO many new initiatives and don't have the manpower and coordinated effort to pull all this off.

In a nutshell, I will wait and see if my "random" email comes through or just stay in our hand picked balcony cabin and keep my $1400 CDN it would cost to "bid" for a haven cabin (on average, bidding for balcony to Haven = $500pp USD).

I am on the same cruise as you, and got the email about two weeks ago... Strange. I bid (similar to what you outline above) but have not heard back yet.

I just submitted two bids for our cruise on the Escape that leaves this Saturday...both are still pending. If one is accepted does that mean our gratuities are covered?

This Saturday! Lucky. Lol. Anyway this means they really are working these bids early only if they have a demand for the non- haven category rooms. From a Profitably standpoint NCL will maximize the opportunity to make the most out of upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If my bid is accepted does that mean our gratuities are taken care of?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You keep whatever promo you picked for your original cabin. You do not get all the suite promos with an upsell...just the regular haven amenities which are awesome. Plus as stated above, your butler and concierge are not included in the DSC and it is customary to tip them both.

I sail on Saturday and haven't heard back about my bid, either. Did a test sell last night and it appears to be a sold out ship. No complaints about my Balcony room, but I really wanted to use the Haven's amenities.

I sail on Saturday and haven't heard back about my bid, either. Did a test sell last night and it appears to be a sold out ship. No complaints about my Balcony room, but I really wanted to use the Haven's amenities.

We are on the Dec 3rd Escape mini suite and I feel the same way. I would love to experience the Haven but if I don't get an upgrade that's extra cash to spend on excursions, vibe, dinning pkg, shopping. I guess it's a win win either way.

We are on the Dec 3rd Escape mini suite and I feel the same way. I would love to experience the Haven but if I don't get an upgrade that's extra cash to spend on excursions, vibe, dinning pkg, shopping. I guess it's a win win either way.

I'm on that same cruise, 10/3. I keep checking to see if it's sold out yet but there are still a few cabins still available for ALL categories. I don't know if they would accept bids if your current cabin category still has vacancies are not. We have stayed in the Haven on 2 prior sailings so definitely we are hoping for them to accept our bid. Good luck.

I'm on that same cruise, 10/3. I keep checking to see if it's sold out yet but there are still a few cabins still available for ALL categories. I don't know if they would accept bids if your current cabin category still has vacancies are not. We have stayed in the Haven on 2 prior sailings so definitely we are hoping for them to accept our bid. Good luck.

You can tell me what your bids are and I won't outbid you. It would purely be for research purposes. ;)

Didn't hear anything today..increased my bids a bit. Some balcony, Oceanview and mini suite rooms show as available when I checked earlier today. A few haven rooms show up on other websites...so still keeping our fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am on the same cruise as you, and got the email about two weeks ago... Strange. I bid (similar to what you outline above) but have not heard back yet.

Let me know if you get an upgrade Mike! I still haven't received an email :confused:

I bid 3 weeks ago for my Getaway cruise that sails 11/27.... I'm currently in an aft PH suite and bid $400/pp for the 2BR suite. I haven't heard anything yet and checking out availability with a fake booking, the same suites remain unoccupied.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bid 3 weeks ago for my Getaway cruise that sails 11/27.... I'm currently in an aft PH suite and bid $400/pp for the 2BR suite. I haven't heard anything yet and checking out availability with a fake booking, the same suites remain unoccupied.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really don't like this BID process. I canceled one of categories that I placed a bid on and increase my amounts on 2 of them so that it would be in the fair piece of the pie. I was hoping that would've gotten me the upgrade but it didn't. I'm really close to just dropping out all together. I don't have enough patience for this crap.

I posted this in another thread and thought I'd repeat here.

I booked an Oceanview Guaranty for a very, very low price about 6 weeks ago via an online TA. Got the Upgrade Advantage e-mail within 24 hours.

Put a low-ball bid on both a balcony and a mini-suite and just got notified today that my bid was accepted on the mini. Was shocked to see that I had been assigned a Spa Mini! The upgrade cost me $350, but since I was able to cancel the spa pass I already had booked, the real upgrade cost was $151. So excited! :eek:

My cruise sails on Saturday.