Most romantic restaurant on Allure

We celebrated our 40th anniversary at Chops on the first night of the cruise. We sat outside and had the best service and mouth watering steaks. It wasn't busy since everyone always goes to the MDR on the first night so it was quiet and romantic. Loved sitting outside with the twinkling lights and trees.

Definitely 150 Central Park. We had one of our best specialty restaurant meals there, with excellent service, the week of Valentine's Day last winter (but not on Valentine's Day itself, we understand the place was a zoo that night). Giovanni's is nice, but not nearly as special in decor or menu, IMO. But look at a couple of photos online and the menus. You can also look at the menus and restaurants after you are on board. Everyone's tastes are different. For example, if steak is your absolute favorite food and you have less interest in other foods, then I expect Chops would be the most romantic for you.

Just came back from Oasis, ate at all 3. IMO, 150 was the best in regards to Dining Experience, great Service, and REALLY enjoyed the Meal (Lamb Chops and DW had Braised Short Rib).

In regards to ambiance, Giovanni's was VERY, VERY nice, sat outside, and with Music and evening lighting, was just very nice.

Chops would probably have been more Romantic if we had chosen to sit in the Outside area.

In any case, the food at each was quite good. If ambiance is your deciding factor, I'd choose Giovanni's, with the intent you will sit outside (weather permitting).

Definitely 150. We sat inside at Giovani's because it was raining. Found it to be noisy and not intimate at all. Dh wouldn't go back. Many we talked to said they loved 150!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We celebrated our 40th anniversary at Chops on the first night of the cruise. We sat outside and had the best service and mouth watering steaks. It wasn't busy since everyone always goes to the MDR on the first night so it was quiet and romantic. Loved sitting outside with the twinkling lights and trees.

Thanks for the advice we will be also celebrating our 40th. We have a 3 night package at specialty restaurants and plan to do the top 3 mentioned here. I didn't know you could do chops outside. Thanks:)

While I prefer the menu in Giovanni's, I found 150 Central Park to be more romantic. At Giovanni odds are that you will be seated at a row of party of two tables... The way this is set up it is easier to talk to the person next to you than your spouse. 150 Central park had tables that were more private. The menu is great, but I have a preference for Italian.....

We also tried Chops... the tables seemed even closer together there... and it was kind of loud... hard to hear anyone. Of course I have old ears :)

While I prefer the menu in Giovanni's, I found 150 Central Park to be more romantic. At Giovanni odds are that you will be seated at a row of party of two tables... The way this is set up it is easier to talk to the person next to you than your spouse. 150 Central park had tables that were more private. The menu is great, but I have a preference for Italian.....

We also tried Chops... the tables seemed even closer together there... and it was kind of loud... hard to hear anyone. Of course I have old ears :)

Inside or outside? I love chops but I always felt crowded inside on Liberty and Enchantment. Our anniversary is the first night and DW loves to eat outside. We have dinner schedule for 8pm.

BTW, my kids will be treating us to Johnny Rockets for our anniversary lunch the following day.[emoji488]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds great Royal is treating us with the neighborhood deal! That is a free Johnny Rockets.

Edited by cruzin76
missed a comment

Inside or outside? I love chops but I always felt crowded inside on Liberty and Enchantment. Our anniversary is the first night and DW loves to eat outside. We have dinner schedule for 8pm.

I was talking about inside... but outside could work.

Just had our 10th wedding anniversary yesterday and chose 150CP. It was the best choice and you can sit in these egg type chairs which offers a bit more privacy.

We tried all the restaurants on the previous weeks sailing and made our choice based on the food quality, service and atmosphere.

We have 5 day dining packages for both cruises so have dined mostly in the specialty restaurants. Also found the Vintages wine and Tapas bar to be way under appreciated. Very good quality tapas and quite cheap. We would have gone here except we brought onboard a nice bottle of champagne and don't think it would have been right to take that into a wine bar.

Edited by mrpotatohead

NJporkroll, Thanks for starting this thread. Great ideas from all. Have a great Anniversary and many more!:) I am expecting you to get your favorite sandwiched introduced before my broading.:D

Thank you, I'll talk to the food and beverage dept and see what I can do about the sandwich[emoji12].

Chops would probably have been more Romantic if we had chosen to sit in the Outside area.

Did our 35th anniversary at Chops on Oasis, it would have been more romantic had they not stuck us in the corner by the cooler. I had waiter @ss in my face every time they needed something from the cooler.

We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary on our upcoming cruise. Which restaurant would you choose and why.

150 Central Park - hands down.

Quiet, cozy, and if you reserve the tables with the "high green chairs"...its very intimate.

We've seen 3 marriage proposals done within the "high chair" area, and usually reserve it ourselves too.

021412_U54_150_CENTRAL_PARK_INSIDE.jpg

Get stuff. I just booked 150CP. The wife and I looked over the menus, 150 was more to our palettes. And seem to have a fantastic wine pairing option as well. Thank you all for the recommendations.

I know I am late to the discussion but my wife and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary at the Chef's Table. It was with 4 other couples but we had a great time and each course is paired with wine. We have eaten at 150CP and felt it was nice but the Chef's table by far was the best we have experienced. We now do the Chef's Table each cruise on Oasis and Quantum class ships. By the way enjoy yourselves wherever you eat.

I have another idea for your first night. Because of the design of the Oasis class, there are few views of the ocean from public areas such as restaurants. We ate one early evening at the Solarium Bistro. First of all there were few passengers there, so we had a lot of attention. Also you can see the ocean from there, so it was really nice to have dinner during sunset in a restaurant that was very empty. One of the cheaper specialty restaurants. I honestly dont recall the meal... just remember it being more health oriented. I just like the atmosphere and it was a nice way to start the cruise