Lack of good Independence rewiews??

To be fair my search function isn't working that great. But I'm not finding many current 5 day reviews on Indy. Maybe I'm searching wrong but not seeing many live or pic reviews. I'll be sure to do a good one when we return but if anyone can point me towards some I'd appreciate it! Compasses too!!!

I've seen the same, but I think I know why at least. Indy is still sailing across the Atlatntic right now. It comes back and the first 5 day out of Ft. Lauderdale is the middle of November.

Looking forward to getting the reviews and compasses too...we sail December 17th!

I've seen the same' date=' but I think I know why at least. Indy is still sailing across the Atlatntic right now. It comes back and the first 5 day out of Ft. Lauderdale is the middle of November.

Looking forward to getting the reviews and compasses too...we sail December 17th![/quote']

Exactly what Dopeys girl has said here...We sail her on November 19th and I'm crossing my fingers I will be able to give a better review then what I am currently seeing.

39 Days til sailing!

We got off the Indy 10 days ago after 13 nights round Spain. In my opinion, there was absolutely no problems. We did My Time in the MDR and for the first time on an RCI ship, when you said you would like to sit with others, you could. MDR was fine, except for my normal bugbear...loads of meat and no veg! Eg 2 or 3 slices of pork, half a spoon of mashed potato and 3 (count them...3!) sugar snap peas! If you want veg, make sure as you order you ask for an extra order of vegetables. Bars were fine...we didn't have a drink package and prices were a bit steep, but we make good use of our Diamond drinks;). Shows were pretty good and although I didn't have much expectations for 'Grease', I really enjoyed it. Have a fun time on Indy when she gets over to you.

Simon

We got off the Indy 10 days ago after 13 nights round Spain. In my opinion, there was absolutely no problems. We did My Time in the MDR and for the first time on an RCI ship, when you said you would like to sit with others, you could. MDR was fine, except for my normal bugbear...loads of meat and no veg! Eg 2 or 3 slices of pork, half a spoon of mashed potato and 3 (count them...3!) sugar snap peas! If you want veg, make sure as you order you ask for an extra order of vegetables. Bars were fine...we didn't have a drink package and prices were a bit steep, but we make good use of our Diamond drinks;). Shows were pretty good and although I didn't have much expectations for 'Grease', I really enjoyed it. Have a fun time on Indy when she gets over to you.

Simon

So good to hear thank you!!

We love Indy. We do the 4 night Caribbean that goes to Cozumel. Have it booked again for Feb. Service, MTD, everything was great. Looking forward to going on her again. We really like the Freedom Class and since Liberty left FLL we now go on Indy.

I promise to do a picture review too!

Please!!! Infact over do it....this will be my 4th cruise (never Indy) but my sisters FIRST and I am trying to get her pumped up, I mean she's excited but I want to her to fall in love....you know what I mean!!

I'd like to see some bar prices if you can find them!! Not doing the drink package (kind of spendy?) but will have a drink with dinner, by the pool and what not probably daily.

What is the current Drink Of The Day price....it was $6.95 last time I cruised!!

Simon

Did you have to prepay for the MTD? I am going on December 3rd and it is making me prepay.. not sure why! I read that they ended that :confused::confused:

Please!!! Infact over do it....this will be my 4th cruise (never Indy) but my sisters FIRST and I am trying to get her pumped up, I mean she's excited but I want to her to fall in love....you know what I mean!!

I'd like to see some bar prices if you can find them!! Not doing the drink package (kind of spendy?) but will have a drink with dinner, by the pool and what not probably daily.

What is the current Drink Of The Day price....it was $6.95 last time I cruised!!

I promise to!!! I love overdoing it with pictures lol. I usually do a pic review of excursions too on the port boards and a hotel review for pre cruise. My last cruise was tough because my relationship of 10 years ended abruptly after I got back and started writing my review! Talk about putting a damper on a cruise! But I promise to do a really fun review and if I can manage it with streaming, a live one! My fiancé (see, things happen for a reason!) loooooves to sleep in on vacay and I'm up at 6am so I'll have lots of time lol!

I'll be sure to start a 'what do you want pics of or info about' thread a week before we head out!

Did you have to prepay for the MTD? I am going on December 3rd and it is making me prepay.. not sure why! I read that they ended that :confused::confused:

As far as I know, you still have to prepay gratuities if you do MTD. We did this time and we have never had the option not to before.

Simon

As far as I know, you still have to prepay gratuities if you do MTD. We did this time and we have never had the option not to before.

Simon

We didn't have to prepay with our MTD. It started about a year ago where guests with MTD don't have to prepay anymore. You can if you want but there is an option to opt in/out.

Looking forward to reviews. We're taking the MIL away from the cold up north on the Jan 14 trip and want to be able to tell her what to expect. She's cruised before but not lately.

We always do MTD, have several trips booked and none required prepaid gratuities. As said above, probably not in the last year.

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

This may not help since it sounds like the ship is on a different route right now, but I have noticed that if you use the cruise critic app to view the message boards, you can't see the ship reviews (except for the randomly selected top 10 per week or whatever they do). If you use your computer or your cell phone's internet browser instead, there is a ship review section that has tons of reviews that go back a couple years or more. If you didn't already know about that, check there.

EDITED: the reviews I'm referring to are not part of the Royal Caribbean (or their line's) message boards, but is an entirely separate section that you can select in cruise critic, it will be under "reviews" and then let you select the cruise line and ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

We didn't have to prepay with our MTD. It started about a year ago where guests with MTD don't have to prepay anymore. You can if you want but there is an option to opt in/out.

We always do MTD, have several trips booked and none required prepaid gratuities. As said above, probably not in the last year.

I'm just wondering if this is another difference between booking UK instead of US? There are so many things you get that we don't, it wouldn't surprise me.

Simon

I'm just wondering if this is another difference between booking UK instead of US? There are so many things you get that we don't, it wouldn't surprise me.

Simon

SORRY! Flaming computers...I don't know why its done it twice!

Edited by sddsddean

• 3 weeks later...

DH and I were on Indy 5 times last winter season and we love her. Our favorite was Liberty until they moved her and Indy has taken her place quite well. We are heading out on her in 3 weeks on 12/8. She has one of the best bar tenders, Lorenzo, in the Schooner bar.

We did a 5 day cruise on Indy last February. Had an ocean view balcony room on deck 7 or 8 on the hump. Room was very nice and close to the elevators which was very convenient. We got on Indy early we walked directly into the promenade which was so beautiful I asked my wife if we can afford it!! This was only our second cruise and our first on a large ship and we certainly experienced the WOW factor with that first walk through. After we settled in we explored the pool deck, solarium and the cantilevered hot tubs. These areas were all very inviting. We spent out first afternoon relaxing on the pool deck. We did MyTime dining and it worked out very well for us. I recall that we showed up each night around 6:30 and we were always seated upon arrival. We always had the same table, waiter and wine guy. We also usually had the same neighbors whom we got to know. Over all the MDR was great. On lobster tail night I ordered an app and a tail. When my LT came our server brought me order of prime rib as well which I had not even asked for! He said that the lobster is not enough of a meal and he remembered that I had ordered the prime rib before. It's like he knew what I was thinking as I had considered ordering two meals at the start but was hesitant to do so. There were lots of examples of RC staff doing the extra little things that made the cruise so enjoyable for us. Without going on much more I noticed someone else mentioned Lorenzo from the Schooner bar. He quickly became our favorite bar server. He is funny as heck and is one of the best bar servers I have ever had. We ended up making a before dinner drink stop at the Schooner a regular event. Lots more I could add but I'll stop now or else this will become a lengthy post. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a good cruise - Indy is a great ship with excellent service.

Edited by Jcol5786

DH and I were on Indy 5 times last winter season and we love her. Our favorite was Liberty until they moved her and Indy has taken her place quite well. We are heading out on her in 3 weeks on 12/8. She has one of the best bar tenders, Lorenzo, in the Schooner bar.

Awesome! Thanks! I will look up Lorenzo as others have said he is great!

I didn't do a review on our trip, but we did a 5 night on Independence last April. We had a fantastic time, and loved the ship! Let me know if you have other questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So good to hear thank you so much!!