B2B Questions

Avril

I'm doing a B2B on the Vista (sailing in 9 days, WOO HOO!! :D ) and we have to switch cabins in between cruises. I understand that our Cabin Steward will move our luggage from our old cabin to our new cabin (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here) but I do have a couple of questions. First, do we have to pack everything as if we were getting off the ship and heading home after the 1st cruise or can we leave our hanging stuff hanging and stuff in drawers and they'll move it all for us like that? Second, do we have to print luggage tags for the 2nd cruise so our Cabin Steward knows which cabin to move our stuff to? Thanks so much!! :D

Edited by Avril

Thanks so much!! :D It's good to know we can leave our stuff on the hangers, that'll make it a lot easier. It's not a problem to throw the stuff in the drawers into our suitcases, will probably take 5 minutes or less. We will print out luggage tags so our Cabin Steward knows where to deliver our stuff. Do we have to have all our stuff (from the drawers and bathroom) packed the night before (as if it was a regular Debarkation) or can we do it the morning of Changeover Day? Of course, ours is a little different than most B2Bs since we're spending 2 nights in NYC in between cruises and using the ship as a hotel (we will however, be changing cabins the morning the 1st cruise ends).

Oh boy am I jealous!! Not only a B2B but on the Vista!! Enjoy

Aww, thank you so much!! :D I'm sure we'll have a blast. You can come with me if you want!! :p

Edited by Avril

We have done a lot of b2b's and we always pack up the morning that every one else is debarking, no need to do it the night before.

You can walk around enjoying yourself while everyone else is packing.:D

I always introduce us to our new cabin steward (he is the one that will move your stuff) usually during the middle of the first cruise and tell him we are doing a b2b. Also, it doesn't hurt to let guest services know because a few times they did not know in our case.

I am an over packer so I always tip the room steward for moving our stuff.

Also, it doesn't hurt to let guest services know because a few times they did not know in our case.

i am doing a b2b next year in the same cabin for both trips. what happens if guest services does not know and i do not tell them?

i am doing a b2b next year in the same cabin for both trips. what happens if guest services does not know and i do not tell them?

I don't know for sure as I've never had that problem but I imagine that you'd get all the regular Debarkation Information and luggage tags delivered to your cabin on the last day of the 1st cruise as if you were Debarking instead of the letter telling you of the B2B procedure for the next morning. They also wouldn't have your new S&S Card ready for you when you got together with the other B2Bers the next morning (in case you don't know how a B2B works, you'll all meet in a lounge, they'll give you your new S&S Cards, lead you off the ship, through Customs, and right back onto the ship).