Laundry Packages Golden Princess

Brissy Rookie Cruiser

I was hoping for someone to enlighten me.

Myself and my family have been on two previous cruises with Holland America. They were fantastic. Loved them.

This time we are on an 11 day cruise on board the Golden Princess departing Sydney in September 2017.

On HAL we were able to purchase an unlimited laundry package for around $100 US. Excellent service and value for a family of five.

Does the Golden Princess have a similar package or is only pay by the bag?

Thanks.

I was hoping for someone to enlighten me.

Myself and my family have been on two previous cruises with Holland America. They were fantastic. Loved them.

This time we are on an 11 day cruise on board the Golden Princess departing Sydney in September 2017.

On HAL we were able to purchase an unlimited laundry package for around $100 US. Excellent service and value for a family of five.

Does the Golden Princess have a similar package or is only pay by the bag?

Thanks.

I've only ever noticed pay by the item or stuff a bag, but Mrs Gut prefers to do our own (or make me do it anyway), she doesn't like the harsh chemicals.

• 2 weeks later...

Princess has self-serve Laundromats on passenger decks of their ships. I've taken a little time on three previous Princess cruises to wash, dry & iron my laundry. It's been a few years; I seem to recall it being just a few dollars per load. And I understand that you now don't need any coins; you can use your seapass card to work the machines. I usually go in late at night with a book or turn on the TV for the time it takes to do a load or two!

Princess does not offer laundry packages or deals. Any laundry you send to them to wash will be charged by the piece and it can get expensive. Use the laundromats on most decks. You can buy soap but it is better (cheaper) to bring your own. The rooms can get crowded however and pax sometimes do not remove their clothing on time. The laundry room has ironing boards as well.

Laundry is $3 to wash $3 to dry. I buy the 3-in-1 laundry sheets online. Pack of 10 for $5.99. They work great, same sheet has laundry soap & softener in it, goes with the laundry from one machine to the other. Easy! And it won't leak... :D

Happy Sailing!