How to get Captains Club Membership for Hubby

Mr&MrsCookie

I've just done my first online checkin (yay:)). It's all done except that I can't get a Captains Club membership number for hubby. The reservation is all in my name so I could use the reservation number to get a Captains Club membership number for me but it won't let me use that reservation number again for my hubby. How does he get his own number? Does he have to setup his own login account and then add the reservation to that?

I've just done my first online checkin (yay:)). It's all done except that I can't get a Captains Club membership number for hubby. The reservation is all in my name so I could use the reservation number to get a Captains Club membership number for me but it won't let me use that reservation number again for my hubby. How does he get his own number? Does he have to setup his own login account and then add the reservation to that?

Has DH cruised with X before?

You can get a Preview number before cruising. Best to call Captains Club for this, if there's a contact phone number available from Australia. Otherwise you can wait until you are on board. It doesn't have to be done pre cruise.,

Edited by cruisestitch

You can call the Captain's Club and preregister your husband with your booking number and information. The phone number is 800-760-0654 and they are open 8am to 8pm EST. My wife and I have sailed with Celebrity on 2 previous cruises, but this will be our daughter's first. I called and preregistered her, and they gave me a new number for her right away. You can always go to the Captain's Club and get him registered after you board.

As the OP is in Australia, I'm not sure how much phone access there is to Captain's Club. I am pretty sure that the 800 number given will not work from there.

If you have a Skype account it cost .02 cent a minute to call. With the faster WiFi on the ships you can even Skype now.

No it doesn't look like there is a phone number in Australia. I'll see if hubby will get a sign in for himself and see if it works, otherwise I will ask onboard. Thanks all for your help.

If you want to do it online I think you'll need a separate login with a different email address which you or he can do to register his name.

We are also in Aus and have just booked our first Celebrity cruise. I like you did the booking etc. I set hubby up as you said, different login account. Was easy and only took couple mins. No need to call anyone. I also just set up both our kids as well, same thing, different login details but linked bookings all together but we all have our own cc number. Hope that makes sense :)

We had previously cruised RCCL and I didn't even have to put that in, it just automatically recognised our details and as we were platinum with RCCL we automatically went to Select with celebrity. That's pretty cool.

Fiona

The easiest way is probably just to call the toll free Celebrity Australia number

AU 1800 754 500

It may have changed, but I was told that CC#'s don't get assigned until after you return home.

Have a great trip!

It has changed. Now there is a preview level with no benefits.

Just call the captains club and ask for a number than have the number added to your reservation. Probably both can be done on the same phone call. :)

• 1 month later...
We are also in Aus and have just booked our first Celebrity cruise. I like you did the booking etc. I set hubby up as you said, different login account. Was easy and only took couple mins. No need to call anyone. I also just set up both our kids as well, same thing, different login details but linked bookings all together but we all have our own cc number. Hope that makes sense :)

We had previously cruised RCCL and I didn't even have to put that in, it just automatically recognised our details and as we were platinum with RCCL we automatically went to Select with celebrity. That's pretty cool.

Fiona

Are both your kids above 18? I have two children, one 4 and one 1. The 4-year old has cruised with CEL before and on our next booking, I noticed she has a CC number even though I thought membership is restricted to adults. Not sure why? But having seen that, I proceeded to try to set up a preview account for my one-year old who has cruised on RCCL and has her C&A membership but will be taking her first Celebrity cruise with us next year. Filled up everything online and hit enter only to encounter the message that you need to be 18 to join Captains Club.

Will the baby be able to get a membership number like my 4-year old somehow did after her first cruise?

Are both your kids above 18? I have two children, one 4 and one 1. The 4-year old has cruised with CEL before and on our next booking, I noticed she has a CC number even though I thought membership is restricted to adults. Not sure why? But having seen that, I proceeded to try to set up a preview account for my one-year old who has cruised on RCCL and has her C&A membership but will be taking her first Celebrity cruise with us next year. Filled up everything online and hit enter only to encounter the message that you need to be 18 to join Captains Club.

Will the baby be able to get a membership number like my 4-year old somehow did after her first cruise?

I truly believe the 4yr old was given a CC # by mistake. Celebrity does not allow children under 18 to have their own CC numbers. It is on the web site and also I know from personal experience in a very roundabout way. One thing you should do if so inclined is to take the Seapass's for the kids and put them away. When they turn 18 they can get credit for any cruises they have been on and the level to go along with it. They usually have the records but since my kids were young, we have gone through I believe three computer changes on Celebrity.

From the website:

To qualify for enrollment in the Captain's Club, you must be 18 years of age or older.

Your Captain's Club membership falls into one of six levels: Preview Level (prior to sailing), Classic Level (after first completed cruise), Select Level (after earning 150 Club Points), Elite Level (after earning 300 Club Points), Elite Plus Level (after earning 750 Club Points) and Zenith Level (after earning 3,000 Club Points). After you complete qualifying sailings, your membership will automatically advance to the applicable membership level. You will enjoy your new membership benefits on your next sailing on Celebrity Cruises. Your membership number will remain the same as you advance to the next level.

Edited by dkjretired

Save yourself a lot of heartache and do it on board. There is no benefit to either of you as you are first time X cruisers. If making future bookings connect both yourself and your husband together and points will automatically be added to both your accounts. The Captain's Club host/hostess will be able to sort it out in a twinkle of an eye

I truly believe the 4yr old was given a CC # by mistake. Celebrity does not allow children under 18 to have their own CC numbers. It is on the web site and also I know from personal experience in a very roundabout way. One thing you should do if so inclined is to take the Seapass's for the kids and put them away. When they turn 18 they can get credit for any cruises they have been on and the level to go along with it. They usually have the records but since my kids were young, we have gone through I believe three computer changes on Celebrity.

Yes I suspect it's a mistake as well, hence I was really surprised to see a number next to my daughter's name on my fully-paid booking. I actually don't have her last seapass card but all my e-mails are stored on the cloud server so I can only hope in 14 years' time those e-mails would be enough!