Using iPhones with wifi package on magic

Pat17

My wife and I are going on our honeymoon on the 22nd of this month. We are leaving our 1 year old with our parents and will without a doubt miss him dearly. We both have iPhones and plan on purchasing the premium wifi plan. I know we can use skype with this service, but can you still call family with iPhones back home on wifi?

Edited by Pat17

My wife and I are going on our honeymoon on the 22nd of this month. We are leaving our 1 year old with our parents and will without a doubt miss him dearly. We both have iPhones and plan on purchasing the premium wifi plan. I know we can use skype with this service, but can you still call family with iPhones back home on wifi?

I have always done the premium package and never have been able to do Skype. I have not tried calling using wifi.

Sent from my iPhone

From the Carnival Website:

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu) and Snapchat. Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

So, yes on Skype ... no on wifi calling.

From experience, iMessage does work.

Edited by Schoifmom

Look into the Carnival Hub. They just changed their internet packages. My kids are getting the Hub app and from there are going to pay the $5 per day cost and they can do FB calls/chat etc from there. From what I gather, you download the app NOW, when you get on board you put the phone on airplane from there you access FB or whatever the lowest service is. it just depends on your ship.

Look into the Carnival Hub. They just changed their internet packages. My kids are getting the Hub app and from there are going to pay the $5 per day cost and they can do FB calls/chat etc from there. From what I gather, you download the app NOW, when you get on board you put the phone on airplane from there you access FB or whatever the lowest service is. it just depends on your ship.

The HUB app is for use onboard and for a one time chat feature fee of $5 you can message anyone else who is onboard and has the Hub app chat feature. If you don't want the onboard chat feature, the Hub app is free.

The other plans are WiFi (social, value or premium) are for messaging those who are OFF the ship and are not dependent on the Hub app.

Edited by lizardhowson

u

From the Carnival Website:

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu) and Snapchat. Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

So, yes on Skype ... no on wifi calling.

From experience, iMessage does work.

Just saying that skype video has never worked, and I have used the premium package in 6 ships

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

Before you both buy the premium internet package I would suggest buying the social package first. This includes Facebook Messenger which has its own skype/facetime function.

I know I was able to use the messenger video service on the Magic back in April but I can't remember if I was on the social package or the premium package.

Before you both buy the premium internet package I would suggest buying the social package first. This includes Facebook Messenger which has its own skype/facetime function.

I know I was able to use the messenger video service on the Magic back in April but I can't remember if I was on the social package or the premium package.

Our son is deployed and uses Facebook messenger to call or video chat. He doesn't have data on his phone and it uses wifi. This would probably be your best bet if your family, that's looking after your child, has Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums