Bucharest - day trip to Transylvania

mushroom

We are booked with Uniworld to sail out of Bucharest. We would like to fly in a day early and take a short tour to Transylvania. If you have sailed with Uniworld from Bucharest, I hope you can help me with this. What hotel does Uniworld use? Is there an optional tour offered by Uniworld to Transylvania...perhaps even a pre-cruise extension that would include transfers, hotel room and tour? Is a side-trip to Transylvania going to be worth the extra effort? Thank you for reading my questions and thank you for your advice!

We spent four days exploring Transylvania with a private guide after our Uniworld river cruise eight years ago. Loved it, wish we had stayed longer. Sighisoara and the tiny villages with Saxon churches were our favourites. Pelles, Siniai, Bran, Sibiu were also fascinating. Wish we had taken time to go to Mamures.

Amazing history of which Vlad the Impaler (the inspiration for the Dracula fiction) was only a small part. Trip Advisor is usually a good place to look for guides and tours, though I haven't checked the Romania page lately.

Why not ask Uniworld what hotel they use? Our 2008 hotel was very swish but a longish walk from the centre of Bucharest. Other than the hotel's poor location we enjoyed the Uniworld cruise (Amsterdam to Bucharest) enormously.

We spent four days exploring Transylvania with a private guide after our Uniworld river cruise eight years ago. Loved it, wish we had stayed longer. Sighisoara and the tiny villages with Saxon churches were our favourites. Pelles, Siniai, Bran, Sibiu were also fascinating. Wish we had taken time to go to Mamures.

Amazing history of which Vlad the Impaler (the inspiration for the Dracula fiction) was only a small part. Trip Advisor is usually a good place to look for guides and tours, though I haven't checked the Romania page lately.

Why not ask Uniworld what hotel they use? Our 2008 hotel was very swish but a longish walk from the centre of Bucharest. Other than the hotel's poor location we enjoyed the Uniworld cruise (Amsterdam to Bucharest) enormously.

Completely agree. We did two weeks in Romania in 2008 with a private guide. Transylvania is one of the most interesting places we have been to

Sent from my iPhone using Forums