Drinks package, Premier vs Delux

justfred

We're on the Navigator on 28th Oct 2016 which we booked over a year ago, we notice that since booking this cruise that RCCL have now introduced the Deluxe drinks package which i assume replaces the Premium package which we were given when we booked our cruise.

Questions, is the new deluxe package better than the premium or not !!!

Can you get any draft beer which I like with the Deluxe and what wines can you get!!

Any info would be helpful

Pete

We're on the Navigator on 28th Oct 2016 which we booked over a year ago, we notice that since booking this cruise that RCCL have now introduced the Deluxe drinks package which i assume replaces the Premium package which we were given when we booked our cruise.

Questions, is the new deluxe package better than the premium or not !!!

Can you get any draft beer which I like with the Deluxe and what wines can you get!!

Any info would be helpful

Pete

The Deluxe package is the old Ultimate package, so it's better than the old Premium. You can get everything you expected to get with Premium, plus fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees/teas, and bottled sparkling water.

Yes... Deluxe is better than Premium. Basically, Deluxe replaces Ultimate while at the same time, removes the Premium option. If you've purchased a Premium, you will be upgraded to the Ultimate. If you haven't purchased a premium, most likely your only option is to purchase a Deluxe.

You will be upgraded to the Deluxe Free of charge.

May I ask what is the daily charge is?

I just rebooked the drink package a couple days ago for our December Freedom cruise on the most recent sale and got it for $290 w/ gratuity which works out to $41 per day plus the 18%. You'll have to check your cruise planner for the most current and updated pricing for your cruise. I've saved nearly $60 since i first booked the Ultimate a couple months ago with two different price drops so keep checking.

So you can cancel it and rebook? I think our price for the Ultimate was around $55 pp. Didn't know if I could cancel and rebook at a lower rate.

Yes, you will get the refund put back on your original payment card.

If the discount is offered on your cruise planner, definitely worth doing.

The Deluxe package is the old Ultimate package, so it's better than the old Premium. You can get everything you expected to get with Premium, plus fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees/teas, and bottled sparkling water.

Thank you Bob and to everyone,

When we booked this cruise the Premium drinks package was in the cruise price and was complimentary so we assume the we will receive the new Deluxe package, I have looked at the Deluxe drinks menu but there is no mention of wines or any draft beers !! can anyone clarify

Many thanks

Pete

Thank you Bob and to everyone,

When we booked this cruise the Premium drinks package was in the cruise price and was complimentary so we assume the we will receive the new Deluxe package, I have looked at the Deluxe drinks menu but there is no mention of wines or any draft beers !! can anyone clarify

Many thanks

Pete

Wines by the glass are included up to the package limit which should be $12-$14 depending on the ship and itinerary. Virtually all beers are included. The only beer I know for sure that is not included is Chimay Blue 750ml. If the ship has draft beer, it will be included, however I've been on ships where they tell me they are out of draft beer.

Some sailings are being offered up to 30% off Deluxe if purchased ahead of time. Check your Cruise Planner tab :)

The OP has said they have the Premium Package included in their booking which will now be automatically upgraded to the Deluxe. How does your post help them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OP has said they have the Premium Package included in their booking which will now be automatically upgraded to the Deluxe. How does your post help them?

(a)They assumed it would be upgraded ...

(b) I suggested they check for a discount.

Who appointed you hall monitor anyway? Go away.

Edited by pspercy

(a)They assumed it would be upgraded ...

(b) I suggested they check for a discount.

Who appointed you hall monitor anyway? Go away.

What, a discount on their free upgrade?? How would that happen? RCI have already said Premium would be upgraded to Deluxe free of charge. Why would the OP need to seek a discount on a free upgrade? Your post wasn't relevant to the OPs question, hence my response.

Edited by kevinyork

What, a discount on their free upgrade?? How would that happen? RCI have already said Premium would be upgraded to Deluxe free of charge. Why would the OP need to seek a discount on a free upgrade? Your post wasn't relevant to the OPs question, hence my response.

If the discount offered on the deluxe (for some sailings) is worthwhile, you can cancel the original purchase then purchase deluxe at the discounted rate, hence my suggestion.