Avoiding the Breakaway

Kattus

Has anyone else in the NYC area traveled out of the way to Boston to take the Dawn to Bermuda? The Breakaway was too chaotic for us, and after more NCL sailings, we prefer smaller ships that have more space for less pax. I know the Dawn underwent drydock this year, and DH and I want to explore another NCL ship:D

Has anyone else in the NYC area traveled out of the way to Boston to take the Dawn to Bermuda? The Breakaway was too chaotic for us, and after more NCL sailings, we prefer smaller ships that have more space for less pax. I know the Dawn underwent drydock this year, and DH and I want to explore another NCL ship:D

We are trying the Breakaway this Sunday!

We have not been on the Dawn in couple of years but have always loved that ship!

Cruising out of Boston is quite easy to do. We have done it several times.

One time, instead paying for long term parking at the pier, we did a park-sleep-fly deal. There are many.

Try looking at the ports of call boards for more information.

Went on the Breakaway in April of this year and had such a bad experience we felt ripped off so we sailed the Dawn in August of this year and LOVE THAT SHIP. I can't say enough good things about it. The staff, food, everything was great. I too don't like the "mega ship" but the price of the breakaway has come down alot so I may try again. Boston to Bermuda was great and I can't wait to do it again.

I've sailed on both, several times, twice this year on the Dawn in August when they price dumped. I usually fly in, and the port transportation on the Silver Line is excellent.

But my priority is itinerary. Never just to get on a "ship". I also don't care what ship I'm on, it's meals lodging and transportation for my traveling priority. So, an alternative perspective. I really like a late booked bargain. :)

Hi Kattus, we live on Cape Cod so sailing from Boston is easy for us. We were on the Dawn from Boston to Bermuda last August and it was terrific. The port was very easy and run pretty expeditiously.

We stayed overnight in Quincy the night prior to embarkation and spent some time in Boston...because we love the city. The hotel in Quincy had a great "park & cruise" rate so we could avoid the high prices of parking at MassPort.

Enjoy the Dawn!

I would have to disagree. We have been on the Breakaway twice and -away class ships 6 times. We were most recently on the Dawn last month. We greatly prefer the Brakaway.

We did August 2015. I wanted a smaller boat since we had previously did DCL and it was very overwhelming for my special needs son. We saved over 1000 and received UBP and 3rd passenger sailed free which was not available for same week cruise in NYC w breakaway. We loved it! It was exactly what we wanted plenty to do and not too big. I actually preferred NCL over DCL.