Is MSC improving?

RMS Olympic

I sailed the Divination back in Sept 2014 and although not pleased I did feel what I got was worth the price paid....so no real complaints. Then I read Divination left for Europe and was modified for North American tastes....whatever that means. I also read that service standards were to be improved. So my question is to anyone that has sailed Divination more than once.....have you noticed changes and if so what are your opinions? I am wondering if MSC is tweaking their product here in North America....which might continue on Seaside. At the moment I have Meraviglia booked as well as Seaside and am curious as to how service and food will be different on two totally different ships catering to two different areas by the same cruise line. So knowing what is happening on Divination may shed some light on what to expect next year on Meraviglia.

Thanks.

I sailed the Divination back in Sept 2014 and although not pleased I did feel what I got was worth the price paid....so no real complaints. Then I read Divination left for Europe and was modified for North American tastes....whatever that means. I also read that service standards were to be improved. So my question is to anyone that has sailed Divination more than once.....have you noticed changes and if so what are your opinions? I am wondering if MSC is tweaking their product here in North America....which might continue on Seaside. At the moment I have Meraviglia booked as well as Seaside and am curious as to how service and food will be different on two totally different ships catering to two different areas by the same cruise line. So knowing what is happening on Divination may shed some light on what to expect next year on Meraviglia.

Thanks.

Are you sure you cruised on MSC? They don't have such a ship .:rolleyes:

Yes I am sure I have sailed on MSC. The two ships I referred to, the Meraviglia and the Seaside are the new builds. Meraviglia is due to go into service June next year and I am booked on her for Sept 2017. I then have the Seaside booked for May of 2018. If you are unaware of these new MSC ships you might look things ..... Yes I have sailed MSC.

Bonny ... tried to update the link but CC is blocking one of the words in the address as a banned word for some reason. The site has not been updated for a while but the pictures are still there.

try this

www.

sunshimmer.

pro

boards.

com

Edited by sidari

Just home from the Divina today. We had a fantastic cruise. The only issue that I saw that I recognized as something that I saw on cruise critic as a complaint RE: divinia was the buffet food being cold. Not a huge issue for me as I prefer to eat in the diningroom. We had exceptional diningroom service and were out in an hour to an hour & fifteen minutes every night. The ship was beautiful and the entertainment was outstanding.

We did a 10 night out of Rome last summer on Divina. We had a fantastic time and found most of the common complaints to be either unfounded or nitpicky. About the only legit complaint is that the Eastern European staff was sometimes not especially friendly. But that would be easily solved by hiring Filipinos!

We enjoyed MSC and having read so many derogatory comments, we were pleasantly surprised.