RCCL FREEDOM on Today Show Friday 11/4

I wish I was living in the US to enter the godmother contest, a free cruise every year for life,wow what a prize!!!!

I loved the segment on the flowrider, it looks HARD!

I am now going to rewind the vcr, pause and check out the model ship for more details.

oh yeah, and Carnival Valor even got a little screen time, Katie is it's godmother :)

I was so excited for this segment and the contest until I went to the web site and found out it is only for US residents. What about all of us loyal Canadian cruisers? I am so disappointed.

Segment was VERY disappointing to me, no NEW information!!!

However, the flowrider does look interesting....

I agree.... other than the contest, it was a commercial. I thought they'd make some announcement of the "secrets to be revealed later" or at least show all of the other cool things like water park and canteleviered (sp?) hot tubs

I was also surprised that the lead-in music to the segment was "Beyond the Sea" Great song, makes me think about cruising when ever I hear it, but it's a CARNIVAL theme song leading to a RCCL segment.

A free cruise each year would be nice, and I'd bet that as Godmother, you would be treated very nice

I am sure it was an oversight that RCCL and the public will not let NBC forget about. :D

I was also disappointed that nothing else was divulged. When NBC scanned over the top of the ship model, it appeared to me that the badminton/basketball court was larger than normal. Perhaps they have added "real" tennis!

Did anyone read the rules and regulations for the "Godmother" contest? It is really strict! Hard to nominate someone else unless you really know their background. I see lots of problems with nominating others and these background checks.

Am I to understand that a winner will have to pay their own way to Europe and New York or is that paid for and they just do not get any more compensation?

LOL! Man, you must have pull. I've seen you call lots of people an idiot and the posts are still there :D . OK, you refer to the "talk out of your a** group " a lot, who are they? Inquiring minds wanna know...........

Hmm...Your funny. This is actually the 1st time I have ever called anyone and idiot, and the 1st time I have actually ever used the term "the talking out of your a** group". And that was in response to someone else who came to my defense and said to the person that they were talking out of their a**. Funny how people seem to be getting me confused with someone else a lot on here. I want to know how you got the idea that I have called a lot of people on here idiots? Really, I never have.

You may be right, actually on the other thread you called the guy an a**hole, not an idiot, sorry about that. But it kinda amounts to the same thing. Not criticising, just amazed that the post is still there. Anyway, nice to meet ya.

You may be right, actually on the other thread you called the guy an a**hole, not an idiot, sorry about that. But it kinda amounts to the same thing. Not criticising, just amazed that the post is still there.

And I responded to him again. I just think the thing that drives me most crazy is people who think that a lawsuit is the instant answer to everything.

On the other hand, to all those, like me, who were dissapointed at the NBC/RCI(carnival) show this morning, I think it was just the same thing that was suppose to air last time when the hurricane hit. It was just postponed until today, and that is why there was nothing new. I wish they would change the website already. It's getting boring.

On the other hand, to all those, like me, who were dissapointed at the NBC/RCI(carnival) show this morning, I think it was just the same thing that was suppose to air last time when the hurricane hit. It was just postponed until today, and that is why there was nothing new. I wish they would change the website already. It's getting boring.

I agree, we need some more info to keep us going until we set sail on the Freedom!! :)

Debbie

I too was disappointed. I didn't like the song on the opening. How hard would it have been to play RCCL's song instead of Carnival's. The whole time all I could think is why the heck is Richard Fain talking to a Godmother of a Carnival ship. Then they showed the christening of the Carnival ship. Not really appropriate. I would have though Mat would do the interview. This segment could have and should have been a lot better. They didn't do a good enough job hyping the ship. Remember the publicity blitz about QM2. Why isn't RCCL doing this with Freedom of the Seas.

I too was disappointed. I didn't like the song on the opening. How hard would it have been to play RCCL's song instead of Carnival's. The whole time all I could think is why the heck is Richard Fain talking to a Godmother of a Carnival ship. Then they showed the christening of the Carnival ship. Not really appropriate. I would have though Mat would do the interview. This segment could have and should have been a lot better. They didn't do a good enough job hyping the ship. Remember the publicity blitz about QM2. Why isn't RCCL doing this with Freedom of the Seas.

I think that the whole presentation was poorly done but I did notice that Fain was trying to talk at times but he wasn't being allowed to get a word in edge wise by Katie.

Katie never lets anyone talk. She always to busy being silly. This was the promo for Flowrider that was suppose to happen a few months ago. And that is all we get folks. Can't wait for my brochure to arrive.

Exactly correct. However, Fain should know this going into the interview. That is the way most of these interviewers, they have to keep the show moving and the show is really about them, not their guest. The well prepared guests get their message out regardless of the host, and I don't think Fain was well prepared. His handlers need to do a better job.

I was totally dissapointed as well. Here we have a segment that is supposed to be about Freedom but there was more clips of Godmothers christening Carnival ships than anything on Freedom. There was a model of the Freedom in the background.................. nothing, the only thing they briefly showed was what the flowrider would look like on the ship. Horrible job all the way around and Erick you are so right how the hell does the Godmother of a Carnival ship get the job of interviewing the CEO of Royal Caribbean? This was a huge let down.

I was totally dissapointed as well. Here we have a segment that is supposed to be about Freedom but there was more clips of Godmothers christening Carnival ships than anything on Freedom. There was a model of the Freedom in the background.................. nothing, the only thing they briefly showed was what the flowrider would look like on the ship. Horrible job all the way around and Erick you are so right how the hell does the Godmother of a Carnival ship get the job of interviewing the CEO of Royal Caribbean? This was a huge let down.

You were so dissapointed you had to say it 3 times. lol. ;) ;)

I think CC needs to get a better server that can handle the amount of people posting on these boards. Then it wouldn't freeze all the time.

I didn't see the Today Show segment, but I got the e-mail regarding the godmother contest. Before I read the rules, the first person I thought of was Jessica Lynch from the war in Iraq. I thought she would be appropriate for a ship named Freedom. However, I believe I read in the rules that you have to know the person's address and they have to be over 25 y/o. I think Jessica is only 22 or 23. Bummer~

I was just curious if anybody had any other good idea for godmothers who are known to the public?

You were so dissapointed you had to say it 3 times. lol. ;) ;)

I think CC needs to get a better server that can handle the amount of people posting on these boards. Then it wouldn't freeze all the time.

This site has had hic ups for the last year. I don't think it will get any better than it currently is. Sad!!!!

Archived