RCCL FREEDOM on Today Show Friday 11/4

I didn't see the Today Show segment, but I got the e-mail regarding the godmother contest. Before I read the rules, the first person I thought of was Jessica Lynch from the war in Iraq. I thought she would be appropriate for a ship named Freedom. However, I believe I read in the rules that you have to know the person's address and they have to be over 25 y/o. I think Jessica is only 22 or 23. Bummer~

I was just curious if anybody had any other good idea for godmothers who are known to the public?

I believe that she is already a Godmother of a Carnival ship.

Wish I could have seen the Freedom segment, but I am not at all surprised by the comments about how disappointing the segment was and that Carnival Cruiseline was somehow interwoven or that Katie wouldn't allow a full presentation of Freedom's wonderful features.

Let's do two things. Let's e-mail NBC and point out the egregious misuse of Carnival Cruiseline's theme song for the segment. Then let's e-mail ABC and suggest that they have a segment on Good Morning America featuring Freedom of the Seas. Maybe they can do it right.

Whoops! I bet Royal Caribbean can't let another network feature Freedom of the Seas because of that "Godmother" contest. We can only hope that when the eventual godmother does christen the ship, NBC will make a big hoopla and really do it justice.

the first person I thought of was Jessica Lynch from the war in Iraq. I thought she would be appropriate for a ship named Freedom. However, I believe I read in the rules that you have to know the person's address and they have to be over 25 y/o. I think Jessica is only 22 or 23. Bummer~

I was just curious if anybody had any other good idea for godmothers who are known to the public?__________________

Suppose to be unknown adults. ..the average woman.

Go here: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/ and click on more video stories.

Thanks FitzLA!! I believe you need some humor in your life to keep you going!!

Take Care!!

Debbie ;)

Oh how I agree with you. Some of these threads are getting out of control. And if you try to add humor to a bad situation, you get flamed. How sad. Anyway, happy cruising!!!

I read the rules and you only get 1 free cruise a year in an inside stateroom (Category A). Includes godmother and 1 guest. Godmother is treated just like the rest of us; gets herself to departure port, smuggles her own liquor aboard, pays for her own shore excursions, whips her bra off for Quest, tips extra for an egg crate pad, hunts for a good cup of coffee, and generally becomes another face in the crowd. :p

HA ha...just kidding.... but she does only get an inside stateroom. On the plus side, she can get reimbursed for the extra taxes for the 1099 she'll get every year.

I read the rules and you only get 1 free cruise a year in an inside stateroom (Category A). Includes godmother and 1 guest. Godmother is treated just like the rest of us; gets herself to departure port, smuggles her own liquor aboard, pays for her own shore excursions, whips her bra off for Quest, tips extra for an egg crate pad, hunts for a good cup of coffee, and generally becomes another face in the crowd. :p

HA ha...just kidding.... but she does only get an inside stateroom. On the plus side, she can get reimbursed for the extra taxes for the 1099 she'll get every year.

I bet the otehr Godmothers, the celebrities, who travel on RCCL don't get treated like that. I bet they get Royal Suites and every perk imaginable. lol.

That's a Category A or lower, what's lower than a Cat. A? Plus it is subject to availabilty and no upgrades allowed. I think RC could have sponsored a better package than that to the godmother of FOS.

You were so dissapointed you had to say it 3 times. lol. ;) ;)

I think CC needs to get a better server that can handle the amount of people posting on these boards. Then it wouldn't freeze all the time.

LOL!!! Yeah Fitz I was that pissed!!!!! :D

I hate when it freezes up on me........ sorry about the triple post everyone.

I really think that the "A" is a typo. Perhaps they meant "E". Cat "Q" is the lowest stateroom on the totem pole.

The rules just say "no upgrade", which could mean no "free upgrading" , not paying for one. Besides, if I won, I would give the lower cat to the children anyway and purchase a balcony. :D

How/where did you find that? What type of suite? Better or below a JS.

I am not sure what type of suite. I would bet on a Jr. Suite. Here is the CC article I was reading.

"The bathrooms we saw were amazingly intact and also part of the prefab process -- this one, in an A category suite, features a whirlpool tub and marble sink (along with separate shower, bidet and toilet, which are off camera)."

Sounds better than a Junior Suite. That article also says

We were pretty impressed with the depth of some of the balconies that were already in place; this one was accompanied by an A category suite, one of the pricier accommodations onboard. Balconies across the ship are now deeper -- by some seven ft. -- than on the existing ships.

It looked to me as if the JS is smaller than it is on the Voyager and Radiance class. :( Thanks for the information. ;)

Yes, Cat A is now the Owners suite, cat b is now the Grand suite and Cat C is now the Junior Suite. So you can pick anything but the Royal Suite. Nice to a hopefully deserving Godmother!

WOW!! Talk about a prize:D now I am REALLY jealous of everyone who can enter this contest!!!!

Here is a link on voyager-class.com that states the Owner's Suite was formerly a Cat A, plus there are pics.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/onboard/photos/cabins/a/a.html

Now THAT is a prize !!!!!

Archived