Bonaire Beaches

Will be on a cruise that stops in Bonaire in March,2017. What is the best beach for swimming and has amenities : chairs/umbrellas and clean bathrooms.

There is a whole section on Cruise Critic for Ports of Call.

Here is the Bonaire forum:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Not very many cruises go to Bonaire, if they did you'd get a ton of replies (people ask about beaches in Labadee, Jamaica and Nassau on this board all the time and get lots of replies). It's just not a heavily traveled island cause it's so far away, so try those port of call boards because there is lots of good up to date info there. I haven't been there yet so I can't help either, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first time to Bonaire was 20 years ago and it was a big deal to them that a ship came in. It was the cleanest port I've ever seen, they literally swept the streets for us.

The people were very friendly and honest. At that time you just walked to the beach about 3 blocks away.

We were offered an Island tour by a local for $20 for all four of us!!

Will be back next month hoping it retained it's charm...........I'm probably in for a big surprise.:eek:

Jibe City. It's in the Lac Bay area. The beach is small but the place has free premium loungers and WiFi. Also a nice little restaurant / bar. The water is fantastic though. You can walk in waist deep water for probably 200 yards with no waves. We went there a few years ago on the Explorer of the Seas and I think we were the only cruise ship passengers. The rest of the people there will most likely be Dutch though. Everyone can speak English though if you need something. Check it out!

Sent from my XT1096 using Forums mobile app