Internet pre-purchased vs onboard

same for diamond member too? I'm booked on a 9 night cruise next year and I see it would cost me $11.99 a day/$107.1. It says 30% off. I can't tell if that is the regular price OR if that's the 30% off price.

same for diamond member too? I'm booked on a 9 night cruise next year and I see it would cost me $11.99 a day/$107.1. It says 30% off. I can't tell if that is the regular price OR if that's the 30% off price.

Pre-purchase for you too.....I pre-purchased and could have easily cancelled once onboard if it would have been a better deal...it wasn't.

good point...ok, I'll do that. I have nothing to lose and it's refundable. I wasn't sure if the diamond discount might be better, but I'm now remembering it was 24 hours free which isn't much on a 9 night cruise. Thank you!

good point...ok, I'll do that. I have nothing to lose and it's refundable. I wasn't sure if the diamond discount might be better, but I'm now remembering it was 24 hours free which isn't much on a 9 night cruise. Thank you!

Exactly. The longer the cruise, the less impact your C&A discount will have vs a 30% discount on the whole package.

What's a better deal: internet package pre-cruise purchase with the 30% discount offer or get it onboard with C&A discount? I'm Emerald member.

Do both. My TA suggested that I pre-purchase it then after we get onboard go to the cust. svc. desk and have them apply the C&A discount to what you paid. I haven't tried it on past cruises but I am this time...

Do both. My TA suggested that I pre-purchase it then after we get onboard go to the cust. svc. desk and have them apply the C&A discount to what you paid. I haven't tried it on past cruises but I am this time...

They won't.

It's one or the other.

Many have tried; all have failed.

Wrong advice from your TA...not very reassuring :eek:

Does anyone know what the current D+ offer is on a three night cruise?

All internet coupons for C&A members are the same regardless of length of cruise, so it's two 24hr periods of Internet. If you are travelling with another D+ your internet is free for the cruise as you would have 4 days worth of coupons.

For my FOS Dec 30th sailing, the 30% off sale was around perhaps a month ago. I mistakenly selected the 4 device package x 4 adults. And could not delete it from my cart. Yesterday when I logged in, the item is "no longer available online" :(

From past experience, can anyone share if the discounted 4 device package will return later?

I am bummed that I did not get this done earlier. :(

OK, we are in Canada & see the 30% off. So it says $29.95 surf & stream for 2 devices. Thinking back to when we first booked the cruise thought that was about what we saw price wise anyways!!

Called to day & was told yes the $29.95 Canadian was with 30% off, so guess will book it, but was told keep an eye on the internet price & if you see go down call & they will change our price to the lower one BUT you have to call.

OK, we are in Canada & see the 30% off. So it says $29.95 surf & stream for 2 devices. Thinking back to when we first booked the cruise thought that was about what we saw price wise anyways!!

Called to day & was told yes the $29.95 Canadian was with 30% off, so guess will book it, but was told keep an eye on the internet price & if you see go down call & they will change our price to the lower one BUT you have to call.

I'm in Canada too and I see that same package for CAD$29.25 per day with 30% off. Maybe currency exchange fluctuation?. I continue to see the 30% off limited time offer since I booked our cruise in April. Not sure if I should purchase it now or wait (our cruise is on Dec 23).

Also, do you have any idea of what is RCL exchange rate for US$-CAD$ now? On my last cruise I got a tip and purchased an onboard credit directly with RCL because their exchange at the time was 1 US$ = 1.1 CAD$, when the bank rate was CAD$ 1.32. I will try to do the same this time.

For my FOS Dec 30th sailing, the 30% off sale was around perhaps a month ago. I mistakenly selected the 4 device package x 4 adults. And could not delete it from my cart. Yesterday when I logged in, the item is "no longer available online" :(

From past experience, can anyone share if the discounted 4 device package will return later?

I am bummed that I did not get this done earlier. :(

Same thing happened to us. I hope it comes back I'm so bummed.

All internet coupons for C&A members are the same regardless of length of cruise, so it's two 24hr periods of Internet. If you are travelling with another D+ your internet is free for the cruise as you would have 4 days worth of coupons.

We were on the Oct. 2nd sailing of the Allure. I prepurchased the internet package for one device. My husband used our Diamond Plus credit for the second device. He didn't get around to using one until there were only 3 days left in the cruise. At that point, the Diamond Plus package credit of $40.00 covered the remaining THREE days.

I'm in Canada too and I see that same package for CAD$29.25 per day with 30% off. Maybe currency exchange fluctuation?. I continue to see the 30% off limited time offer since I booked our cruise in April. Not sure if I should purchase it now or wait (our cruise is on Dec 23).

Also, do you have any idea of what is RCL exchange rate for US$-CAD$ now? On my last cruise I got a tip and purchased an onboard credit directly with RCL because their exchange at the time was 1 US$ = 1.1 CAD$, when the bank rate was CAD$ 1.32. I will try to do the same this time.

As far as the OBC is concerned it is now 1.4 through Royal. Cheaper at the bank. That was too good a despal to last.

The Internet at $29.95 CDN is with the 30% off. You are better off purchasing it ahead of time as it will be more on board.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

They won't.

It's one or the other.

Many have tried; all have failed.

Oh well. No biggie. I already pre-paid for the 30% off. The $5 or whatever the gold discount is probably isn't worth the wait in the cust svc line anyway when I'm on vacation! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. The longer the cruise, the less impact your C&A discount will have vs a 30% discount on the whole package.

True....a 12 night on Grandeur was less expensive booking with the 30% than the D+ voucher would have been on board.

But, I am going to use the D+ voucher for another device for the 48 hrs.

Gwen :)

That is the discounted price, which dropped some more recently. The D on board discount has been reported at $20. The on board Stream price recently has been $17.99. So for one device stream, you are better off buying ahead one a cruise longer than 4 days.

I just checked my cart in my cruise planner, and non stream dropped by a $ making it $8.99 per day/one device.

Streaming is $11.99 per day one device. Even though the price dropped, it still says 30% off. :confused:

Not sure what's going on. RCI dropped the price on Surf by 10 cents/day and Stream by 60 cents/day. Might be a temporary thing.