New Lobsterless Menus

Evangaline

When we were on the Breakaway, we found that they had lobster tails in the MDR for a fee...so my husband ordered the strip steak and the lobster tails and made himself a surf and turf dinner...there were 2 tails that weighed about 12 oz combined. He said they were delicious..:)

Crab cakes and bone-in ribeye missing as well. Both favorites of mine. :(

I see that the lobster bisque is gone as well. I was hoping for that and crab cakes. I've heard that Le Bistro does the steaks better than Cagney's so there is not much left that I want.

We had bought the 3 dinner dining package as I thought we should try a waterfront restaurant, but I'm thinking of getting a refund.

I have 4 cruises booked in the next 18 months in the Haven with NCL and the next being in 5 weeks. If they continue to dilute the offerings I may cancel all of my remaining cruises with NCL because this is not the product I paid thousands of dollars for. Gone are the gourmet meals and all of things I expected when I laid down mt money for this product. Unfortunately, NCL is going to lose many of there valued customers due to corporate greed. I feel there is much better value now from high end land based vacations. Darn I hate ranting but I can't stand that I pay $10k for a cruise and can't get a free bottle of water or a lobster when I want one.

last week on the Jade

Cagneys

85f9d39eb897b1df28aae17f4b54fd9f.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Lets just order from McDonalds and have our food served in a paper bag. The menu is disgraceful for what is advertised as gourmet dining.

I also see the Tomahawk steak is missing from the Cagney menu..what's up with that.

's

It's not on the menu on all ships. The Cagney's menu is not the same fleetwide, I've seen at least 3 different current menus (one has the porterhouse only, one has the tomahawk only, one has both). There is also a king-cut prime rib, for those who like big meat, but again, not on all ships.

As for the lobster, it's something we have usually ordered at some point on every cruise (both at Cagney's and Le Bistro), so I'm disappointed to see it removed from the menu. Has anyone tried the jumbo shrimp replacement?

Crab cakes and bone-in ribeye missing as well. Both favorites of mine. :(

Thanks to Mel71 for posting the new Cagney's menu, and those photos.

There's ribeye on the menu. What's the difference between that one and the bone-in ribeye?

I'm really disappointed to see the crab cakes are also gone. When I first read several weeks ago about no more lobster I was going to cancel our purchased SDP since I'd bought it primarily so my husband could order lobster. But he said to keep it since eating out is a treat for us (we live 50 miles from nearest decent restaurant). So, we'll still enjoy it even though more is missing than I'd realized.

As someone else stated the Cagney's menu is not the same fleetwide. We dined at Cagney's (and LeBistro) on the 10/2 sailing of the BA and there are several differences in the menu. So it must all depend on what ship you are sailing as to what is offered. Unfortunately the no free lobster is fleetwide.

We both had the fillet (surf n turf), it was very nice but when we seen the Tomahawks coming out I'll admit I was a tad jealous.

I'd probably still be sitting there now trying to finish it right enough :D

Edited by KonkyWonky
Added Info

As someone else stated the Cagney's menu is not the same fleetwide. We dined at Cagney's (and LeBistro) on the 10/2 sailing of the BA and there are several differences in the menu. So it must all depend on what ship you are sailing as to what is offered. Unfortunately the no free lobster is fleetwide.

Free lobsters have been gone for several years. Some ships are still in the "old" (pre Escape) menus.

I wrote about the demise of the lobster in late August on the Dawn in the following thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2401137

The menu just posted from the Epic was the same on the BA. OP is sailing the Getaway, you would "think" that would be the same. Lobster Bisque is still on the menu.

Oh! Good to hear it. I am on the Getaway. Did look as though everything I wanted was removed from the menu, but I guess it is still there afterall.

Does anyone have the revised Le Bistro menu?

Oh! Good to hear it. I am on the Getaway. Did look as though everything I wanted was removed from the menu, but I guess it is still there afterall.

We ate at the LeBistro also... sorry, didn't take a pix of the menu but if there is anything special you are interested in I might remember. I am sure GA and BA have the same menus. We also purchased the 3 SDP and I was happy I did. I would reconsider cancelling it, but that is your decision. Enjoy your cruise!

There are a couple floating around here of the new Le Bistro menu. More seafood items overall.