bioluminescent bay Tours canceled in San Juan for 11/26 Reflection

herr40

There are a number of private tour companies in San Juan that offer this sort of tour. Google them to see if they are offering any while you are in port. If so, they would probably be less $ than X would be charging.

Also, go to your roll call to see if another cruiser has already arranged this as a private excursion and perhaps join them.

Good luck.

Definitely get in contact with the local tour operators that do this tour. They'll know if there's a problem that would prevent you from seeing the luminescence. I'd contact at least two of them to get a good idea of what's going on, if anything. You can book with them and read reviews at TripAdvisor.

Definitely get in contact with the local tour operators that do this tour. They'll know if there's a problem that would prevent you from seeing the luminescence. I'd contact at least two of them to get a good idea of what's going on, if anything. You can book with them and read reviews at TripAdvisor.

They should check on TripAdvisor. As far as that type of tour, personally I wouldn't do it this year because of Zika.

Then you're never doing it.

Zika is here to stay I'm afraid. :(

Some scientists say it is and other scientists say it isn't. If it is there is the possibility of a vaccine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Some scientists say it is and other scientists say it isn't. If it is there is the possibility of a vaccine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoping for something that's for sure....

Repellent in the mean time. :)

Edited by A Sixth?

They should check on TripAdvisor. As far as that type of tour, personally I wouldn't do it this year because of Zika.

Just take precautions. It's called bug spray for Zika. I don't understand the fear of it. :rolleyes:

Edited by ReneeFLL

The Bio Bay in Fajardo or Las Croabas park, has many tour Companies. I lived in PR for 9 years and it is a must see. However, I was informed in 2015, by one of the tour Companies that they had not been "going into the water" for two months , that was mid November. Biological conditions. However they had started up again. That was last year.

You can google As posted before. Many will come pick you up. For a fee.

X May dropped the tour for these reasons. These tours are regulated by the Dept. Of Natural Resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note the mosquitoes which transmit Zika are active during the day not at night.

Which bio bay tour are you interested in? The Vieques bio bay is far better than the Fajardo one. There are many tour operators but if there is a full moon the tours are not offered.

The tour I took on Vieques was outstanding and the bio bay there is not to be missed.

Note the mosquitoes which transmit Zika are active during the day not at night.

Which bio bay tour are you interested in? The Vieques bio bay is far better than the Fajardo one. There are many tour operators but if there is a full moon the tours are not offered.

The tour I took on Vieques was outstanding and the bio bay there is not to be missed.

I agree, the Fajardo is closest to San Juan. And both are much better than Lajas. If Vieques is an option I would recommend that one. I believe they still let you swim there. Fajardo restricted that some time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You aren't supposed to swim at the bio bay in Vieques either. Our guide said that some people still did it though by sneaking in after the organized tours leave. I would not recommend doing it on your own. The road to the bio bay is awful and a 4WD is needed.