Carnival enforces dress code

jonbgd

Since you created ur AI to stir the pot and had not read the whole thread:eek:

I'm an original Platinum and the Capers was changed to the Fun Times in 2010

I still call it the Capers

I created "Artificial Intelligence"? Cool. :D

BTW, I have read every word, just not necessarily before responding to a post. ;)

What are "Original" Platinum's and how do they differ from other Platinum's?

You may wish to rethink using old terminology. I wonder what others would think if someone referred to themselves as gay and expecting other to think that person meant happy as it did a fifty years ago.

I have only seen wife beaters on two occasions in all my cruises. While I know what you mean, I have never understood the logic to enforce it or get rid of it. Seems to me it would only get worse to have it removed......

The logic of "enforce it or get rid of it" is due to I'm tired of dressing how I may not want to dress but do my best to follow the rules while constantly watching others ignore the rules and coming to the MDR how they damn well please. So either enforce it and make everyone coming to the MDR follow the rules or abolish it so I can come to the MDR how I damn well please too. :)

As a sign of the times, my next cruise I'm going to declare I'm a woman and the shorts I'm wearing are women's dress shorts. Problem solved.

Good God, don't give people ideas! :eek:

You know there is someone out there who will go "Hey, that's a great idea.". :rolleyes:

Edited by Computer Nerd

I created "Artificial Intelligence"? Cool. :D

BTW, I have read every word, just not necessarily before responding to a post. ;)

What are "Original" Platinum's and how do they differ from other Platinum's?

You may wish to rethink using old terminology. I wonder what others would think if someone referred to themselves as gay and expecting other to think that person meant happy as it did a fifty years ago.

I meant to say AE as in your alter ego

Original Platinum.... is someone that had cruised enough, prior to 2006 to attain Platinum, when Uncle Bob released the Concierge Club

And since you went there:eek:

If you were British....... Smoking a FAG, means something different today, than when I used to smoke cigarettes:rolleyes:

I meant to say AE as in your alter ego

Original Platinum.... is someone that had cruised enough, prior to 2006 to attain Platinum, when Uncle Bob released the Concierge Club

And since you went there:eek:

If you were British....... Smoking a FAG, means something different today, than when I used to smoke cigarettes:rolleyes:

I was stationed in England in the 80s and know all about "bumming a fag". :D

Has that slang for a cigarette changed as well?

Hmm. I was reading a member review about another cruise line and the fella writing it said he was disappointed that everyone was dressed up around him in elegant wear every night and he was in a polo shirt and khaki shorts... saying no one knew what 'casual' meant. (But REALLY, if you're on a high-end cruise line, what else would you expect?)

Anyway.

On our first Carnival cruise, I saw a guy in a t-shirt and shorts every night, including elegant night and they never said a word. Did it ruin my cruise that he wore that? Nope. But it's also not a big deal to wear a nice shirt and slacks to dinner for a couple hours. You're welcomed to change as soon as it's over. :)

As a sign of the times, my next cruise I'm going to declare I'm a woman and the shorts I'm wearing are women's dress shorts. Problem solved.

Honestly what would Carnival do if someone guy shows up in womens clothing? Now a days it's a distinct possibility. Are they going to discriminate against them? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen, want riots on the ships, I can see the protests now :rolleyes:

Safest for them is to remove shorts all together and not include them for one gender and not the other. Shorts are a gender neutral item, there is no reason to include them for one and not the other. Why should I be able to wear them and not DH as long as they are both dress shorts? Just say no one can wear shorts, period.

For the record I've seen lots of guys with nicer legs than many women so they can't say it's about looks lol

Honestly what would Carnival do if someone guy shows up in womens clothing? Now a days it's a distinct possibility. Are they going to discriminate against them? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen, want riots on the ships, I can see the protests now :rolleyes:

Safest for them is to remove shorts all together and not include them for one gender and not the other. Shorts are a gender neutral item, there is no reason to include them for one and not the other. Why should I be able to wear them and not DH as long as they are both dress shorts? Just say no one can wear shorts, period.

For the record I've seen lots of guys with nicer legs than many women so they can't say it's about looks lol

On two separate sailings we saw just that. In fact he came in a black sequin gown on the first cruise elegant night.

Sent from my iPhone

This May on the Ecstasy the Steakhouse enforced the no shorts on the last night, on the Magic this July they allowed shorts and t shirts on the last night at the Steakhouse. Need to follow rules on every ship.

The Ecstacy doesn't have a steakhouse. What else is wrong with this post?

Google dress shorts and your phone will laugh at you. Really a suit with shorts ? I laughed so hard i cried in my pants.

I did, there were both mens and womens suits with shorts. Nothing I would wear, but they definitely exist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06/09/short-suit-jcrew-barneys-topman_n_5476460.html

Googling womens dress shorts brought up even more listings.

Not sure what your real point was, but Google has them.

I wonder what Carnival would do if a guy showed up in a suit with shorts?

I did, there were both mens and womens suits with shorts. Nothing I would wear, but they definitely exist.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06/09/short-suit-jcrew-barneys-topman_n_5476460.html

Googling womens dress shorts brought up even more listings.

Not sure what your real point was, but Google has them.

I wonder what Carnival would do if a guy showed up in a suit with shorts?

I can google the boogey man and i will get results. Does it mean he exists ?

I can google the boogey man and i will get results. Does it mean he exists ?

Well these exists, and you can buy one of your very own. I think perhaps you are missing the greater humor and absurdity of the fact that they do exist.

Well these exists, and you can buy one of your very own. I think perhaps you are missing the greater humor and absurdity of the fact that they do exist.

I have a great sense of humor and once i acknowledge dress shorts truly exist means people will actually try and pass them off as clothing that will be acceptable in a formal situation. So until then the boogey man exists and dress short does not.

I have a great sense of humor and once i acknowledge dress shorts truly exist means people will actually try and pass them off as clothing that will be acceptable in a formal situation. So until then the boogey man exists and dress short does not.

Okay, but if you are attacked by a boogeyman in dress shorts you will come to believe in both.